1. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    06 Nov '13 18:241 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Kaspers quiet move Bg3 was brilliance, your annotations were not bad as well great and illustrious GP 😛

Ok here is a travesty of justice, or is it? a sidewinding sidewinder attack up the flanks gets deservedly thwarted , but then. . . .

Ivanchuk v Bacrot (2013)

[pgn][Date "????.??.??"] [Result "*"] [FEN "rnbqkbnr/pppppppp/8/8/8/8/PPPPPPPP/R ...[text shortened]... r you should play in the center? } 31.Bd1 Qc4 32.Ba3 Bh6+ { and white resigned! gulp! } *[/pgn]
    When the center is locked, or you don't have any good pawn breaks, you have to play on the wings.

In this position, where else can black play? White has b5 locked down and has the space advantage in the center.

2. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    06 Nov '13 18:52
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    This is a very strange game. 7.bxc3? White accepts three pawn islands with no perceivable counter play.
    With 7.bxc3, white keeps a center pawn and opens the b-file for his rook.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Nov '13 19:551 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    When the center is locked, or you don't have any good pawn breaks, you have to play on the wings.

In this position, where else can black play? White has b5 locked down and has the space advantage in the center.

[fen]rnbq1rk1/1p3pbp/p2p1np1/2pP4/P3P3/2N2PN1/1P4PP/R1BQKB1R b KQ a3 0 10[/fen]
    exactly! his sidewinder attack was fully justified! It was interesting to see Ivanchuks reaction, he simply held up his hands and after shaking hands stormed away after this game ( i was watching a video on youtube) 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree