1. Joined
    28 Sep '06
    Moves
    24 Dec '06 02:13
    Aron Nimzovich's (or Nimzowitsch, as you prefer) book "Blockade" is once again in print. I'm currently reading "My System" and I'm wondering if there's anything in "Blockade" not covered by "My System" ?
  2. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    24 Dec '06 02:19
    Originally posted by Double Indemnity
    Aron Nimzovich's (or Nimzowitsch, as you prefer) book "Blockade" is once again in print. I'm currently reading "My System" and I'm wondering if there's anything in "Blockade" not covered by "My System" ?
    Blockades?
  3. Standard memberHomerJSimpson
    Renouned Grob Killer
    Moves
    24 Dec '06 03:191 edit
    Its called Die Blockade actually, its only written in german, but yes its different than my system
  4. Standard memberHomerJSimpson
    Renouned Grob Killer
    Moves
    24 Dec '06 03:27
    One thing Id also like to note, is that Chess Praxis is also a Nimzowitsch text, its the praxis of my system
  5. Standard memberHomerJSimpson
    Renouned Grob Killer
    Moves
    24 Dec '06 03:44
    Originally posted by Double Indemnity
    I just looked over your games, and I think Nimzowitsch's text's are much too advanced for you, you need to master the basics a little better, I can see alot of errors in your thinking, and I dont think My System, Chess Praxis, or Die Blockade holds the key, I would recommend getting, the entire winning chess series:

Read them in this order:

1. Winning Chess
    2. Winning Chess Openings
    3. Winning Chess Tactics
    4. Winning Chess Strategy
    5. Winning Chess Combinations
  6. Joined
    29 Jul '06
    Moves
    24 Dec '06 04:30
    Originally posted by HomerJSimpson
    I just looked over your games, and I think Nimzowitsch's text's are much too advanced for you, you need to master the basics a little better, I can see alot of errors in your thinking, and I dont think My System, Chess Praxis, or Die Blockade holds the key, I would recommend getting, the entire winning chess series:

Read them in this order:

1. W ...[text shortened]... penings
    3. Winning Chess Tactics
    4. Winning Chess Strategy
    5. Winning Chess Combinations
    if you're on a tighter budget then I would just go with # 1 & 3, Play Winning Chess, and Winning Chess Tactics.
  7. Joined
    28 Sep '06
    Moves
    24 Dec '06 06:48
    Cool, thanks for the replies, especially to HomerJSimpson! 🙂
  8. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    24 Dec '06 10:04
    From Nimzovichs books I prefer "My system" and "My system in practics".

But I must warn all trustful readersl - some of his ideas are not so good.
  9. Standard memberHomerJSimpson
    Renouned Grob Killer
    Moves
    24 Dec '06 16:541 edit
    Originally posted by Korch
    From Nimzovichs books I prefer "My system" and "My system in practics".

But I must warn all trustful readersl - some of his ideas are not so good.
    Well some of his theories like not a moving a pawn twice in the opening have exceptions, you can pretty much say that about anything in chess, which makes it such a complicated game.

A good book is secrets of modern chess strategy: advances since nimzowitsch, it takes the hypermodern system in my system, and applies it to todays chess.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree