1. Joined
    06 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Jan '07 23:22
    hi Folks, I signed up a few days ago and started playing with somebody but I wasn't overkeen on the style of the games, i.e waiting like three days for my opponent to move. But hey I'm back!
    Two other guys have started games with me and my apologies to them for taking too long to move.

I've really begun to take chess seriously lately and with the aid of the excellent articles on Wikipedia, I've started studying openings.
    First up.... Ruy Lopez. Why? Cos it's one I've heard of and I always tend to play e4 e5.
    Wikipedia tells me that that after 3.... Bc5, white's best move is
    4. c3. Anybody got any comments on this?
    If you're not going to take the Knight, (and apparently it ain't such a great plan!) I would be inclined to do something to defend my isolated bishop.

So, that's me saying hello. I look forward very much to dialogue with better players, helping me to become the champion of my small town and then later the county.
  2. Joined
    30 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '07 23:48
    You can't comment on games in progress.

But hello anyway.
  3. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    17 Jan '07 00:05
    Neither of his current games are at this stage in the game so commenting would not be on a "current game". ok its true that one of his games may go down this line but then that could be said about openings for any player. does this mean that no player can discuss an opening that they actually play 😕

To be honest I have nothing to add which might answer the question but I thought I would point out that in this case answering the question would not be "discussing a current game"

and oh yeah ...

... Hello, welcome to the site!!
  4. U.S.A.
    Moves
    17 Jan '07 03:513 edits
    Originally posted by chupichulo
    hi Folks, I signed up a few days ago and started playing with somebody but I wasn't overkeen on the style of the games, i.e waiting like three days for my opponent to move. But hey I'm back!
    Two other guys have started games with me and my apologies to them for taking too long to move.

I've really begun to take chess seriously lately and with th ...[text shortened]... players, helping me to become the champion of my small town and then later the county.
    Welcome to the site, chupichulo. 🙂

1. e4, e5
    2. Nf3 Nc6
    3. Bb5, Bc5

is known as the "Classical (Cordel) Defense".

I actually know very little about this opening as i play mostly only the English & Sicilian. Lately anyways. When i first began playing chess i think I also usually only played e4, d4 games as white. Such as "Two Knights Defense", "Four Knights' Game", "Three Knights' Game", "Bishop's Opening". I was never much of a Ruy Lopez guy and am still not cause i know very little about it. If you are really interested in learning new openings and are just a beginner at chess i recommend checking out the book "Modern Chess Openings" 14th Edition (a.ka. MCO-14).

Double King pawn openings, Double queen pawn openings, Indian openings, Flank openings & Semi-open games are all covered inside.
    It's an extremely helpful reference book for beginners trying to learn about openings. In my opinion.

As for your Ruy Lopez question. I checked my copy of MCO and 4.c3 is the only recommended move I could see. My advice is if you are not happy about an opening's recommended moves then you should find a different opening that you are more comfortable playing, instead.
    Hope this helped! Best wishes. 🙂

-- Paul (Pavlo87)
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jan '07 03:51
    i can beat all of you
  6. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    17 Jan '07 03:55
    Originally posted by Von Bardeleben
    i can beat all of you
    Nope.
  7. U.S.A.
    Moves
    17 Jan '07 04:032 edits
    i can beat all of you
    Big talk for someone who can't even defeat a 1200 rated player. 🙂
    (just kidding around)

http://www.redhotpawn.com/gameanalysis/boardhistory.php?gameid=2985967
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jan '07 04:05
    Originally posted by Pavlo87
    Big talk for someone who can't even defeat a 1200 rated player.

it was unrated
    i was winning
    i resigned because i saw someone's open invites
  9. U.S.A.
    Moves
    17 Jan '07 04:125 edits
    it was unrated
    i was winning
    i resigned because i saw someone's open invites
    After black's king d7(or d8),escaping check; white rook d6 checkmate.

10. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jan '07 04:16
    Originally posted by Pavlo87
    Winning, huh?
    Maybe you still don't see it then.
    After black's king d7(or d8),escaping check; white rook d6 checkmate.

exactly, so i was winning since i was white

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree