[White "stoker"]
    [Black "sonhouse"]
    [Result "0-1"]

2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Jun '11 18:3418 edits
    On move 5 he avoided the well known trap, b-g5 bxf2+, Kxb n-g5+ and black picks up a pawn after king moves and Qxb.

Thought I would throw in f4 to see if he would fall for it later but that didn't happen, but taking pawn weakened his center.

13 b-b4+ he kissed goodbye to his castling power, no matter what, interpose b or not.
    Was surprised to see him hid the king though, looks like it bottles up the king side.

I would have interposed, lets the rook and the knight see light of day at least.

15 Qxb2, game ender if he had played b-d4, attacking queen and threatening mate. He missed that one though, being blitz. In a long game, the game would have been over.

After R-d1. b-c5 put that threat to rest.

After my bit of tactics won a piece, b-g6 put an end to his tactics, stopping the knight attack.

A final r-d3 offering me a 'gift', I refuse, instead doing Qxf4, threatening mate or win of a second piece. He ran out of time here, which is just as well, the end was in sight. Even though it was check to take the rook with bishop, I thought the mate threat more diabolical!

If he had had more time, N-h3 would have staved off immediate mate but now BxR+ is a killer.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree