1. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Nov '09 00:151 edit
    gambits, any gambits, i dont care, froms gambit, kings gambit, albin counter gambit, morra gambit, benko gambit, falkbeer counter gambit, philador counter gambit, janisch gambit, milner barry, fantasy, urusov, if its a gambit, i shall play it, wouldn't you like to give up some money for more time off? i would! i was gonna say the Latvian, but even i am not that crazy!
  2. Donation!~TONY~!
    1...c5!
    Your Kingside
    Moves
    25 Nov '09 13:28
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett
    Thanks for the post and warning! I've played the Classical and the Leningrad Dutch against the English, but I almost always play 2. ... Nf6 (which scored much better after 1.c4 f5 2. d3, lucky for me) because I prefer not to give away which way I'm going to go with the opening. I even had a Master chastise me in a game once (after he beat me) because I ...[text shortened]... for an English player.

I learn from this site even between games, it seems!

Paul
    I got your back. 😀
  3. Joined
    11 Jul '09
    Moves
    25 Nov '09 15:26
    I love the Dutch too.

But, after, 1. d4 f5. 2.c4 I prefer to go with Nf6, which give the option of a 3. .... c5 then b5 and a6. An idea like the benko Gambit,

Mainly, what form my gambit, and my counter gambit, (Black side )
  4. Standard memberatticus2
    Frustrate the Bad
    Liverpool
    Moves
    25 Nov '09 15:271 edit
    Originally posted by Maxacre42
    Fischer said King's gambit is refuted with 2...d6.
    He was kidding. King's Gambit is refuted with 1...c5
  5. Joined
    11 Jul '09
    Moves
    25 Nov '09 15:55
    This is called, avoiding the king gambit.

1... c5 , the worst joke ever. too bad, pawns do not go backward..... It would good in some case to have a c-pawn...... but we push it. And , I can only face stupid closed sicilian.......

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree