Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. 27 Jan '10 02:51
    Yes folks, lets wade back into the swamp of "Why doesn't my idiot opponent resign/Why does my idiot opponent keep asking me to resign?"

True RHP game. My clanmate KJCavalier striped off the names of the guilty parties.

You are up a Q+2R+2Kt+6pawns. I mean you could win this one blindfolded against Jesus, right? Well....no.

2. 27 Jan '10 02:56 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by MontyMoose
    Yes folks, lets wade back into the swamp of "Why doesn't my idiot opponent resign/Why does my idiot opponent keep asking me to resign?"

True RHP game. My clanmate KJCavalier striped off the names of the guilty parties.

You are up a Q+2R+2Kt+6pawns. I mean you could win this one blindfolded against Jesus, right? Well....no.

[pgn]1. e4 e5 2. Bf1c4 ...[text shortened]... 8. e5 d6 29. exd6 Bh8e5 30. Re3xe5 Ke8d8 31. dxe7 Kd8c7
    32. e8=Q g4 33. Re5e6 1/2-1/2[/pgn]
    ouch... I move on auto pilot too in such situations, I think the correct approach would be turning off the auto-pilot automatically once all pawns are locked or gone. and checks of course, you can hardly go wrong with checks with that amount of material 🙂
  3. 27 Jan '10 02:57 / 1 edit
    especially when one check - 33.Rd7+ is checkmate.