Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. 10 Mar '12 20:18
    Maybe not everyone has them, but you know those streaks of losses where you're making stupid mistakes - even making bad moves that you had written off several days earlier but ended up making it anyway - and you drop about 100 or more points in rating in the course of a week?

Well, I'm in one of those. Grrrrrr.
  2. 10 Mar '12 20:24
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Maybe not everyone has them, but you know those streaks of losses where you're making stupid mistakes - even making bad moves that you had written off several days earlier but ended up making it anyway - and you drop about 100 or more points in rating in the course of a week?

Well, I'm in one of those. Grrrrrr.
    !'ve dropped about roughly 200 points in the space of about two weeks, but i dont care.
    Chess players can be really obsessed with their rating. I do agree about it being an
    indication of strength, but why stress over it?
  3. 11 Mar '12 01:42
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    !'ve dropped about roughly 200 points in the space of about two weeks, but i dont care.
    Chess players can be really obsessed with their rating. I do agree about it being an
    indication of strength, but why stress over it?
    It's not the rating. I just cited that as an indication of my streak. I just wish I was giving my opponents better games.
  4. 11 Mar '12 02:28
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    It's not the rating. I just cited that as an indication of my streak. I just wish I was giving my opponents better games.
    i'm sure they don't mind too much
  5. Standard member hedonist
    peacedog's keeper
    11 Mar '12 13:53
    I get more pleasure from losing a good game, than winning a bad one.