One of those streaks

One of those streaks

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
10 Mar 12

Maybe not everyone has them, but you know those streaks of losses where you're making stupid mistakes - even making bad moves that you had written off several days earlier but ended up making it anyway - and you drop about 100 or more points in rating in the course of a week?

Well, I'm in one of those. Grrrrrr.

rc

Moves
10 Mar 12

Originally posted by Kunsoo
Maybe not everyone has them, but you know those streaks of losses where you're making stupid mistakes - even making bad moves that you had written off several days earlier but ended up making it anyway - and you drop about 100 or more points in rating in the course of a week?

Well, I'm in one of those. Grrrrrr.
!'ve dropped about roughly 200 points in the space of about two weeks, but i dont care.
Chess players can be really obsessed with their rating. I do agree about it being an
indication of strength, but why stress over it?

Moves
11 Mar 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
!'ve dropped about roughly 200 points in the space of about two weeks, but i dont care.
Chess players can be really obsessed with their rating. I do agree about it being an
indication of strength, but why stress over it?
It's not the rating. I just cited that as an indication of my streak. I just wish I was giving my opponents better games.

W

Moves
11 Mar 12

Originally posted by Kunsoo
It's not the rating. I just cited that as an indication of my streak. I just wish I was giving my opponents better games.
i'm sure they don't mind too much 😉

h
peacedog's keeper

Moves
11 Mar 12

I get more pleasure from losing a good game, than winning a bad one.