1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    30 Aug '23 11:00
    Hello- Does anyone know of a chess org. that offers online chess tournaments with standard time controls such as G/90, G/120, 40/90 etc. All I see on these sites is blitz and rapid.

I prefer OTB chess, but $500.00 - $1000.00 per event for travel, lodging, food, entry fee etc. can be a little hard on the bank account. Any suggestions would be welcome. 🙂
  2. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    10 Sep '23 22:23
    @mchill said
    Hello- Does anyone know of a chess org. that offers online chess tournaments with standard time controls such as G/90, G/120, 40/90 etc. All I see on these sites is blitz and rapid.

I prefer OTB chess, but $500.00 - $1000.00 per event for travel, lodging, food, entry fee etc. can be a little hard on the bank account. Any suggestions would be welcome. 🙂
    Does anyone know of a chess org. that offers online chess tournaments with standard time controls such as G/90, G/120, 40/90 etc.

OK - I'll take that for a "No" Thanks 🙂
  3. Joined
    06 Sep '23
    Moves
    10 Sep '23 23:50
    @mchill

Let me know if you find anything, I would be interested in tournaments.

I am a bit doubtful that something exists though, as when I did USCF rated blitz games online 5ish years ago EVEN THAT was dominated by cheaters, and they never reimbursed rating points. . . . so long games might even be more difficult.
  4. Joined
    15 Dec '20
    Moves
    11 Sep '23 16:05
    Would it be out of the question for RHP users who express interest (say, on this thread) in slower time controls, to arrange to play privately among themselves?
  5. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    11 Sep '23 18:151 edit
    @boggyd said
    @mchill

Let me know if you find anything, I would be interested in tournaments.

I am a bit doubtful that something exists though, as when I did USCF rated blitz games online 5ish years ago EVEN THAT was dominated by cheaters, and they never reimbursed rating points. . . . so long games might even be more difficult.
    I understand. A surprisingly useful alternative for those wishing OTB competition with slower time controls via the internet is to play against the bots on other chess sites. It's not quite the same as competing against a human, but pretty close.
  6. Joined
    06 Sep '23
    Moves
    11 Sep '23 19:12
    @FMDavidHLevin

Perhaps we could do a round robin 30/30 in the Live section here. I just got back into chess so I might need a few weeks to knock the rust off but then I can picture myself playing long games again. 🙂
  7. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    11 Sep '23 19:34
    @boggyd said
    @FMDavidHLevin

Perhaps we could do a round robin 30/30 in the Live section here. I just got back into chess so I might need a few weeks to knock the rust off but then I can picture myself playing long games again. 🙂
    He’s beyond your ability, start around 1200 for a while you’re missing a bunch in your games.
  8. Joined
    06 Sep '23
    Moves
    11 Sep '23 22:53
    @mike69

Yeah, its going to take me a while to build up again. In 2019 I hit my peak of 1900+ on a few other sites. Right now I'm speeding through games on here against u1500s and just trying to build up some rating... might become a sub and do some tournaments.

I really need to go through a few of my tactics books, I'm definitely not sharp.
  9. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    11 Sep '23 23:09
    @boggyd said
    @mike69

Yeah, its going to take me a while to build up again. In 2019 I hit my peak of 1900+ on a few other sites. Right now I'm speeding through games on here against u1500s and just trying to build up some rating... might become a sub and do some tournaments.

I really need to go through a few of my tactics books, I'm definitely not sharp.
    If you do feel free to join my clan we have some really good players to help. MLSCHESS will push you till you’re nuts and is kind enough to help. I like going fast also and it kills me from playing where I want to be so I know how hard it is.
  10. Joined
    06 Sep '23
    Moves
    12 Sep '23 22:391 edit
    @mike69
    Thanks for the invitation. It seems I'm even farther away from my rebuilding goals as I thought considering I blundered into a Mate In 1 today... first time that's happened in about a decade, need to hit the Polgar book before I sub.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree