Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 27 Aug '14 22:43
    Why is my game not automatically a DRAW with only 2 Kings on board! ATTN: Site Admin. Please fix this bug.in the mobile app.
  2. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    28 Aug '14 01:48
    Originally posted by Kn1ght Storm
    Why is my game not automatically a DRAW with only 2 Kings on board! ATTN: Site Admin. Please fix this bug.in the mobile app.
    Don't complain. You got an extra move! 😀
  3. Subscriber roma45
    st johnstone
    28 Aug '14 09:48
    Originally posted by Kn1ght Storm
    Why is my game not automatically a DRAW with only 2 Kings on board! ATTN: Site Admin. Please fix this bug.in the mobile app.
    i think you have to hit the claim draw button....
  4. 28 Aug '14 12:41 / 1 edit
    ...or just carry on moving your King about till.

    a) you win on time Game 8229269

    b) The other lad just gives up and resigns. Game 8164108
    (that last one took 40 moves with bare Kings before Black gave up)

    I see it has been drawn, I flicked through it and I think I have
    something that is future blogable. Game 10767466
  5. Subscriber BigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    29 Aug '14 09:35
    Originally posted by Kn1ght Storm
    Why is my game not automatically a DRAW with only 2 Kings on board! ATTN: Site Admin. Please fix this bug.in the mobile app.
    We've been asking for this for some time. Rec'd.

    Also, KB v k and KN v k should be auto-draws.
  6. 29 Aug '14 11:43
    Although I slightly agree, the 'claim draw' button is clearly marked.
    Players on here have resigned in K + B (or +N) v lone King.
    Game 9682406 and Game 8731261

    Also players seem to enjoy trying to win it.

    Game 9231864 95 moves in a drawn game and Game 7555092 60 moves in a drawn game.
    Both wins were eventually awarded by timeout.

    Awarding automatic draws may violate the site's own TOS about interfering with games in progress.
  7. Subscriber BigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    29 Aug '14 13:40
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Although I slightly agree, the 'claim draw' button is clearly marked.
    Players on here have resigned in K + B (or +N) v lone King.
    Game 9682406 and Game 8731261

    Also players seem to enjoy trying to win it.

    Game 9231864 95 moves in a drawn game and Game 7555092 60 moves in a drawn game.
    Both wins were eventually awarded by ...[text shortened]... warding automatic draws may violate the site's own TOS about interfering with games in progress.
    It no more violates TOS than the legal move checker.

    Hey, GP, you should sail over to Dublin while I'm here, so I can at least say I played a game or two in Dublin. No one on this island and RHP can be bothered, apparently.
  8. 29 Aug '14 14:54 / 1 edit
    The Dublin Chess Championships will take place in the Gresham Hotel,
    O'Connell Street, Dublin 1 over the weekend of Friday 12th to Sunday 14th September 2014.

    Get along there and see if you can enter. (and post games.)

    and:

    8 Capel Street, a block shy from Dublin Holiday Apartments by the Graham bridge over River Liffey.
    It's called The Pantry, if I recall correctly.

    Friendly people, nice drinks with the right price, and lots of chess fans over there.
  9. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    29 Aug '14 23:45
    Originally posted by Kn1ght Storm
    Why is my game not automatically a DRAW with only 2 Kings on board! ATTN: Site Admin. Please fix this bug.in the mobile app.
    Play on for a win. 😕
  10. Subscriber BigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    30 Aug '14 11:07
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    The Dublin Chess Championships will take place in the Gresham Hotel,
    O'Connell Street, Dublin 1 over the weekend of Friday 12th to Sunday 14th September 2014.

    Get along there and see if you can enter. (and post games.)

    and:

    8 Capel Street, a block shy from Dublin Holiday Apartments by the Graham bridge over River Liffey.
    It's called The Pan ...[text shortened]... ectly.

    Friendly people, nice drinks with the right price, and lots of chess fans over there.
    I gave the Pantry a go and had a pretty good time. Most of the ladies were a bit beefy, but I suppose you take what you can get. They were all so nice...one even let me sit on her lap while I played, though it was a bit more lumpy than I expected, especially after I won a few games.

    Anyway, it was a smashing time and I'll be sure to visit there again should I ever be in Dublin.
  11. 30 Aug '14 11:51
    Hi Big Dog,

    "...one even let me sit on her lap while I played, though it was a bit more lumpy than I expected...."

    You do know that The Pantry is gay bar.
  12. Subscriber BigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    30 Aug '14 17:35 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Hi Big Dog,

    "...one even let me sit on her lap while I played, though it was a bit more lumpy than I expected...."

    You do know that The Pantry is gay bar.
    It is?? Then why the hell would you tell me to go there?? I just wanted a game of chess.

    Christ - I even made out with her at night's end.
  13. Subscriber BigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    30 Aug '14 17:46
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    It is?? Then why the hell would you tell me to go there?? I just wanted a game of chess.

    Christ - I even made out with her at night's end.
    Can anyone delete this thread 🙁🙁🙁
  14. 31 Aug '14 11:32 / 1 edit
    Hi Big Dog,

    Thread has to stay, I'll be linking to it in the next blog...... 😉
  15. 31 Aug '14 14:12
    Title sounds so gay.