1. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    30 Dec '07 01:47
    I've been playing the Pirc a lot recently, with good results...Anybody up for a set-piece game with me using the Pirc as black?

Or, if you want a pair of games, each set piece Pircs with alternate colors, I'd be up for that too. 🙂
  2. Standard memberchessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Dec '07 02:25
    I'll try it if you think i am strong enough.

but if you don't it's ok.
  3. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    30 Dec '07 02:26
    Originally posted by chessisvanity
    I'll try it if you think i am strong enough.

but if you don't it's ok.
    It's an open challenge, I'll send it over. You want one from each side, or just one with you as white?
  4. Standard memberchessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Dec '07 02:27
    only white...i don't play the pirc but will enjoy having the center for once...

i always give my opponent the center....so this should be interesting.
  5. Joined
    25 Sep '05
    Moves
    30 Dec '07 02:43
    I wouldn't mind playing a few if you want to after you're done with your current games. I enjoy playing Pirc as black. I haven't encountered it enough as white to really develop an opinion, although it seems to come up more often in blitz for some reason.
  6. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    30 Dec '07 08:00
    Originally posted by Chesswick
    I wouldn't mind playing a few if you want to after you're done with your current games. I enjoy playing Pirc as black. I haven't encountered it enough as white to really develop an opinion, although it seems to come up more often in blitz for some reason.
    Sure, Chesswick, I'll send a couple over tomorrow.

Here's the result of game 1:

Game 4430127
  7. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    30 Dec '07 08:26
    I'm game. I could use some more Pirc practice. Just the one game as white (me), though. I don't play it as black.
  8. Joined
    08 Nov '07
    Moves
    30 Dec '07 08:43
    Originally posted by chessisvanity
    only white...i don't play the pirc but will enjoy having the center for once...

i always give my opponent the center....so this should be interesting.
    Wasn't that interesting but it sure was funny. 😀
  9. London
    Moves
    30 Dec '07 15:47
    OK - I'm on for one as white and one as black if you're happy with just one or two moves a day. If we start the game where I have the white pieces from move 1 then I can chuck in an unpleasant anti pirc move for you to tackle...if u like...or just go from your set piece start if u prefer.

Do keep posting the games.

You might want to look over MotownDave's games here on RHP as he was an experienced pirc player rated over 2000
  10. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    31 Dec '07 06:06
    Originally posted by Chesswick
    Hey, tried to send some over but you're already at your "self imposed maximum of 10 games."
  11. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    31 Dec '07 06:10
    Originally posted by Mahout
    OK - I'm on for one as white and one as black if you're happy with just one or two moves a day. If we start the game where I have the white pieces from move 1 then I can chuck in an unpleasant anti pirc move for you to tackle...if u like...or just go from your set piece start if u prefer.

Do keep posting the games.

You might want to look over MotownDave's games here on RHP as he was an experienced pirc player rated over 2000
    Yeah, he's incredible. It's too bad he's on a break from RHP though. 🙁

I really like how he always responds with 1...d6, I actually find it kind of humorous.
  12. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    31 Dec '07 07:13
    I will play against it with you

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree