1. washington
    Moves
    24 Jun '07 00:34
    since we're talking about openings i'm interested in learning this opening and getting quiet good at is as black. any ideas or suggestions about the opening. any good games you'd like to share? all are welcome to message. ;-)
  2. Joined
    05 Jun '07
    Moves
    24 Jun '07 02:25
    1. e4 e5
    2. Nf3 Nc6
    3. Bb5 a6
    4. Ba4 Nf6
    5. 0-0 Nxe4

thats the book for the open lopez

6. d4 is book for white, black should follow 6...b5

DONT TAKE ON d4! lol

6...exd4!? is complicated and black can easily go wrong

6...Nxd4??
    7. NxN exN
    8. Re1 and there is no way for black to save the other knight, or the game, after 9. f3

more when i can think of it lol, i'm no expert, i play the white side lol and all my games are blitz wit the lopez

good luck!
  3. washington
    Moves
    24 Jun '07 02:31
    i know not to take the pawn i'm just wanting opinions ond plusses and minuses from the opening. i know all the little traps. i know my openings very well.
  4. Joined
    05 Jun '07
    Moves
    24 Jun '07 02:501 edit
    well if you know your stuff i'd just learn the marshall, its very nice against people who dont know their theory, and black gets an alright game afterword even if they do.

any lopez defense is fine as long as you know what you're doing. of the other defenses i like the archangel the best but i'm not too familiar with the black side of the lopez as i never play 1...e5 and rarely play as white so i rarely play lopezes 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree