1. Joined
    22 Aug '06
    Moves
    06 Sep '08 21:58
    Originally posted by irontigran
    its one of the reasons for the decline in chess...
    I think that interest in chess growing by leaps and bounds, and isn't declining at all. And I believe it is primarily because of computers that interest in chess is increasing. Attendance at tournaments is down a lot, and the local chess club seems to be going the way of the passenger pigeon, but that's because so many chess fans are staying home and playing on the computer.
  2. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    06 Sep '08 23:061 edit
    Originally posted by gaychessplayer
    I think that interest in chess growing by leaps and bounds, and isn't declining at all. And I believe it is primarily because of computers that interest in chess is increasing. Attendance at tournaments is down a lot, and the local chess club seems to be going the way of the passenger pigeon, but that's because so many chess fans are staying home and playing on the computer.
    Yes, and that is really unfortunate if true. There is nothing quite like tournament chess. It is the most intense, challenging and rewarding chess (at least to me).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree