1. Joined
    28 Sep '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '10 13:46
    Hi all

In an effort to get my repertoire in my head rather than in my database I recently input a couple of my main lines into Fritz and saved them in the Opening Training file in the Fritz program file.

The opening trainer worked for a few minutes, then crashed. I closed Fritz and tried again, same thing happened as soon as I tried to access the moves I just entered. I deleted my file and tried again but now Fritz crashes when saving.

This is possibly a Vista issue but has anyone had this problem with XP? If necessary I'll fork out for the Vista-compatible Fritz 12 but if there's something else going on I could save some cash.

Cheers
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '10 14:10
    Originally posted by Knightlore
    Hi all

In an effort to get my repertoire in my head rather than in my database I recently input a couple of my main lines into Fritz and saved them in the Opening Training file in the Fritz program file.

The opening trainer worked for a few minutes, then crashed. I closed Fritz and tried again, same thing happened as soon as I tried to access the m ...[text shortened]... a-compatible Fritz 12 but if there's something else going on I could save some cash.

Cheers
    What happens if you uninstall Fritz and reinstall it again?
  3. Joined
    28 Sep '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '10 19:48
    No different unfortunately. I also tried changing to XP service pack 2 compatibility in Properties but no joy.
  4. Joined
    24 Jun '08
    Moves
    12 Mar '10 18:24
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    What happens if you uninstall Fritz and reinstall it again?
    Does your Fritz work ok?
  5. Joined
    28 Sep '05
    Moves
    12 Mar '10 18:36
    Resisting the temptation to make an 'on the Fritz' gag... Yes, other than the Opening Training issue Fritz doesn't seem to have any problems.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    13 Mar '10 06:43
    Originally posted by ratherbighammer
    Does your Fritz work ok?
    I do Vista. And this has also its peculiarities.

I think the standard trick is to reinstall the non working program.
    Then reinstall the OS.
    This is actions that doesn't need any special skills. If this doesn't work either, then you have to call support for the software in question and see what they will say about the problem. If they has a fix for the problem, they send it to you. But often enough they cannot help you. Then you are on your own. If the software is important enough perhaps you would buy another computer and pray that the software works on that one.
  7. Joined
    28 Sep '05
    Moves
    13 Mar '10 10:35
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I do Vista. And this has also its peculiarities.

I think the standard trick is to reinstall the non working program.
    Then reinstall the OS.
    This is actions that doesn't need any special skills. If this doesn't work either, then you have to call support for the software in question and see what they will say about the problem. If they has a fix for th ...[text shortened]... nt enough perhaps you would buy another computer and pray that the software works on that one.
    Thanks Fabian, much appreciated.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree