1. girls imaginations
    Moves
    27 Nov '05 04:48
    i play chess alot, and i have came to the conclusion of thinking my problem is my opening. if some people could just post there three favorite openings and the moves, that'd be great. thanks
  2. Belfast
    Moves
    27 Nov '05 13:521 edit
    Originally posted by trallphaz
    i play chess alot, and i have came to the conclusion of thinking my problem is my opening. if some people could just post there three favorite openings and the moves, that'd be great. thanks
    White

Giuoco Piano (Italian Game)
    1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Bc5 4.c3, with the idea of d2-d4 to create a nice pawn centre.

Sicilian Defence
    1.e4 c5 2.c3, with the same ideas as the Giuoco Piano, d2-d4. With this in the Sicilian you avoid a lot of the opening theory which your opponent will probably know better than you, you being a beginner. It also throws off your opponent because it is less usual, though not bad.

French Defence
    1.e4 e6 2.d4 d5 3.e5, with this move you don't need to worry so much about your e-pawn. It secures space for your coming king-side attack. Black will try to counter-attack on the queen-side, so you will likely need to support your pawn chain with c2-c3.

As Black

King's Indian Defence
    1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 g6, you focus on developing your pieces rapidly, with the bishop on g7 and castle king-side.

Petrov's Defence
    1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Nxe5 d6, followed by ...Nxe4. It is important to play d6 to push back the knight BEFORE you capture his pawn or he can win at least a pawn with the threat of a discovered check.

I've tried to pick openings and defences here with common themes. With white, supporting a pawn centre with c3, and black, rapid development and the Knight-f6. These are good openings for relative beginners to play because they are likely to feature a relatively large amount of tactics.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree