1. Standard memberjonbeckett73
    jonbeckett73
    Marlow, Bucks, UK
    Moves
    06 Mar '08 16:23
    I am wondering what opinions people have of Chessbase Light 2007 ?

I've been looking at the demo of Chessbase Light 2007, and for my purposes (casual player) it looks pretty good - and at a reasonable price too. I notice it can't annotate a game in the same way Fritz can though (I have Fritz 8).

It begs the question - what would Chessbase (or Chess Assistant) give me over the features built into Fritz ? I'm guessing it's the ease of using multiple databases at once.
  2. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    06 Mar '08 16:351 edit
    Originally posted by jonbeckett73
    I am wondering what opinions people have of Chessbase Light 2007 ?

I've been looking at the demo of Chessbase Light 2007, and for my purposes (casual player) it looks pretty good - and at a reasonable price too. I notice it can't annotate a game in the same way Fritz can though (I have Fritz 8).

It begs the question - what would Chessbase (or Ches ...[text shortened]... features built into Fritz ? I'm guessing it's the ease of using multiple databases at once.
    I think there was a thread about this a while back. I sure wish it was easier to search old threads. :'(

Edit - I used Google to find it 🙂

Thread 80713
  3. Standard memberjonbeckett73
    jonbeckett73
    Marlow, Bucks, UK
    Moves
    06 Mar '08 18:54
    Cheers for the link - answered a lot of my questions.

I'm still debating if the DB functions in Fritz are "good enough" for me.
  4. Joined
    29 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Mar '08 19:04
    I'm still using ChessBase Lite (Premium Edition). I think the software will have all the functions you need to manage a database of games. However, I have found that the database I have is quite limited (I imported the Fritz 10 database and have added to it with TWIC). For this reason I am thinking about upgrading to a full version of CB.
  5. Standard memberjonbeckett73
    jonbeckett73
    Marlow, Bucks, UK
    Moves
    06 Mar '08 19:08
    In an ideal world, I would love an app that could automatically sync a PGN file to a note in Palm Desktop - then I could carry the games I am thinking about around in Chess Tiger on my palm...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree