1. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    02 Nov '12 00:26
    I would do plenty of tactics problems during the week and then take the day before the game completely off. I find a break of a day or two where i don't look at a chess board can often sharpen my eye when i come back to it. Beware burn out. You're not going to improve your game significantly in a couple of days.
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    02 Nov '12 00:46
    A question from someone who knows nothing about chess clubs: Are you responsible for making your own list of moves, or is there a third party who is responsible for that? Are the games recorded on video so a judge can check for illegal moves? "Hey, his knight can't go from c3 to e5."
  3. Joined
    13 Apr '12
    Moves
    02 Nov '12 07:23
    You both keep a record of the game yourselves.
  4. Joined
    13 Apr '12
    Moves
    02 Nov '12 07:29
    Originally posted by Fat Lady

So, the lesson to learn from this one is that white bishops go to c4 for a reason - to attack f7!
    Another chess reflex 🙁.
  5. Joined
    13 Apr '12
    Moves
    02 Nov '12 07:31
    To paraphrase plopzilla, the good thing about the Scando is that your get to know on move two if your opponent can play chess!
  6. Joined
    13 Apr '12
    Moves
    02 Nov '12 08:081 edit
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett
    Ratings and results are incidental. When I read about your life leading up to the game, I recognized the passion of someone who wants to [b]play.

Dewi, you are a chess player.

We play sick, we play broke, we play tired, we play where it's hot, cold, loud, whatever. We win or we lose, but every game ends with a re-set of the pieces and the start of another one.

Carry on![/b]
    Thanks Paul, I think I've taken the main lesson from it, truth is I had plenty left on my clock, I could have sat for half an hour doing nothing but calming down and I'd have been fine. I will next time.

A good 'chin up' motivational talk always helps though 🙂.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree