1. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    28 Nov '08 16:00
    I'll go on and send Qc7 now.
  2. San Francisco, CA US
    Moves
    28 Nov '08 19:15
    How about moving the white-squared bishop so that our knight has somewhere to move so that our black-squared bishop can rejoin the game? Right now we have two minor pieces (the knight and the black-squared bishop) that are paralyzed. Seems to me getting them active again should be our first priority.

So, with this in mind, how about ..Qb6+, Ka1...Rb8, not sure what White will do but then we bring the bishop to A4, the knight to d7 and we have the makings of an attack.

If White, instead, of Ka1, moves his knight to block and attack our queen with his biship, move the queen to a6 and then move the bishop to a4.
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '07
    Moves
    30 Nov '08 01:11
    Originally posted by ParShooter
    How about moving the white-squared bishop so that our knight has somewhere to move so that our black-squared bishop can rejoin the game? Right now we have two minor pieces (the knight and the black-squared bishop) that are paralyzed. Seems to me getting them active again should be our first priority.

So, with this in mind, how about ..Qb6+, Ka1...Rb8, ...[text shortened]... block and attack our queen with his biship, move the queen to a6 and then move the bishop to a4.
    thats all very fun but what do you propose if after ...Qb6,Ka1 Rb8,Rb1 where we just trade down our last rook followed by Qb3 and c3.
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '07
    Moves
    30 Nov '08 01:14
    I vote Qc7.
  5. Joined
    30 Sep '07
    Moves
    30 Nov '08 01:25
    Originally posted by black beetle
    You don't have to attack right now but to equalize by means of changing the equilibrium, for the seemingly ideal position of the White has a drawback -it cannot be improved; thus s simple expand in the kingside and some activity in the centre will be enough for the Black
    😵
    ummmm what do you mean white can't improve, white can push his king side pawns. He can also
    make his king less vulnerable and put a little grief on the a pawn, sounds like improvement to me. 🙂
  6. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    30 Nov '08 01:30
  7. Subscriberptobler
    Patzer
    Canberra
    Moves
    30 Nov '08 01:56
    I note that there wasn't a single game of the B78 version of the Dragon played at the Chess Olympiad (although there were some B77 games played). I think this might say it all about the current GM evaluation of the line we are playing... It doesn't augur well...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree