1. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    28 Jan '09 23:242 edits
    Again FICS 😛

I am interested if my side was meant to fail right from the, say 33 move ? Did I miscaculated the position from that move ? So close to draw, yet so FAIL

2. Joined
    02 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '09 00:33
    Just had a brief look and you can probably draw just by heading to the k-side (Ke4-f5-e6-f7) instead of trying to shepherd the b-pawn home with Kc3 etc.(too slow when he has an e-pawn ready to run).

If he tries to stop the king getting through by playing ...g6, then g4-g5 should do the trick. I might be missing someting though-it's late and I didn't analyse it in great depth.
  3. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    29 Jan '09 02:58
    Originally posted by streetfighter
    Just had a brief look and you can probably draw just by heading to the k-side (Ke4-f5-e6-f7) instead of trying to shepherd the b-pawn home with Kc3 etc.(too slow when he has an e-pawn ready to run).

If he tries to stop the king getting through by playing ...g6, then g4-g5 should do the trick. I might be missing someting though-it's late and I didn't analyse it in great depth.
    Looks to me like a draw too for the same reason.

Interesting lesson from that game. A king has more offensive value in the endgame than a knight. you put your King way out of position to force him to sac his knight and once he did, his King was in a much stronger position. If you would have stayed on the King side, the b pawn would have fallen, but it would have been his king that was out of position.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree