People who intentionally draw out lost games

People who intentionally draw out lost games

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c
Grammar Nazi

Auschwitz

Moves
17 May 08
1 edit

I am currently playing two people where mate is evident, in five or six moves. Both are rated much higher than me, but are not moving anymore, although they are moving in their other games. The controll is 21/21, so five moves could take several months. I know this is not breaking the rules, but is it not a little rude?

s

Moves
17 May 08

Originally posted by clandarkfire
they'll lose more rating points if they first win all of their won games and finally lose all those lost games than the other way around.

Good point.

d

Moves
17 May 08
2 edits

I am currently playing two people where mate is evident, in five or six moves. Both are rated much higher than me, but are not moving anymore, although they are moving in their other games. The controll is 21/21, so five moves could take several months. I know this is not breaking the rules, but is it not a little rude?
yes, I find it very rude, and pathetic. What I find even more pathetic are the people who would (and probably will) accuse you of being a cry-baby and that your opponents have been doing nothing wrong since it's not against the rules etc etc. it's like refusing to bring a glass of water to a tired friend because there's no such contract on paper about that specific inquiry. just be prepared for them, they're probably on their way.

MR

Moves
17 May 08

21/21? Maybe they're hoping in a couple of months you'll forget about the games. 😵

c
Grammar Nazi

Auschwitz

Moves
17 May 08

Originally posted by Mad Rook
21/21? Maybe they're hoping in a couple of months you'll forget about the games. 😵
they are tournament games, I had no say in the timout.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
17 May 08

they are tournament games, I had no say in the timout.
But you did have a say in signing up for the tourney in the first place.

c
Grammar Nazi

Auschwitz

Moves
17 May 08

Sure, its just that I know the people can move several times a day, and they do in their other games. One of them has another game with me and moves frequently in it, but not in the lost one.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
18 May 08

Sure, its just that I know the people can move several times a day, and they do in their other games. One of them has another game with me and moves frequently in it, but not in the lost one.
Hence the reason you should never enter a 21/21 tourney.

If you like several moves per day, why not play 1/7?

e4

Moves
18 May 08

Can you not put forward a position for adjudication in such cases.

In the 70's when I was apostal player if it was obvious you were
winning - (two pieces ahead etc) you sent the position in to
the controller and the game was awarded to you.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
18 May 08
1 edit

Originally posted by greenpawn34
Can you not put forward a position for adjudication in such cases.

In the 70's when I was apostal player if it was obvious you were
winning - (two pieces ahead etc) you sent the position in to
the controller and the game was awarded to you.
Really? That seems odd. As a player, I'd rather not have some TD resigning the game for me. [No offense to clandarkfire - but especially not if my opponent is rated under 1200.]