1. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 May '15 15:35
    Why do so many opponents complain when you put them in perpetual check? Even GMs will use such a tactic to salvage a forced draw from an otherwise lost position.

Really gets my goat.
  2. e4
    Moves
    10 May '15 16:10
    Players say silly things after a loss, you often get an apology a day or too later.

I think I have the game. He may have had more to complain about if Black
    had not taken the perpetual. (you may have better than the perpetual.)

3. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 May '15 16:39
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Players say silly things after a loss, you often get an apology a day or too later.

I think I have the game. He may have had more to complain about if Black
    had not taken the perpetual. (you may have better than the perpetual.)

[pgn]
    [Event "Open invite"]
    [Site "http://www.redhotpawn.com"]
    [Date "2015.04.24"]
    [EndDate "2015.05.10"]
    [Round "? ...[text shortened]... d stop Qf1 mate and defend g2 mates Looks good. Certainly playable and not a blunder.} [/pgn]
    Thanks for that. Yes, wish now i had had considered mobilizing the knight. (Although don't think i deserved more than a draw in that game).
  4. Joined
    03 Sep '03
    Moves
    10 May '15 17:181 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Why do so many opponents complain when you put them in perpetual check? Even GMs will use such a tactic to salvage a forced draw from an otherwise lost position.

Really gets my goat.
    I love the perpetual check. And when somebody pulls one off against me I'm more likely to applaud them. I think it comes down to my father never trying to checkmate us kids; but always tried to stalemate, perpetual check or draw us -- he said beating us was too easy.

With that said, I had a game not too long ago where I was so intent on finding the perpetual check against a much higher rated opponent that I missed a winning move. Rh8! I think would have won me this game.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree