1. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    03 Jul '08 07:23
    whats the consensus on mid late stage game repetitive back and forward moves that put a king into check and then again and again and again.

How quickly do people reach for a draw, and do you feel peeved if you think you've got an advantage but just arent able to flex it due to unnecessary Queen on King harassment.
  2. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 Jul '08 07:34
    Originally posted by chopchop
    whats the consensus on mid late stage game repetitive back and forward moves that put a king into check and then again and again and again.

How quickly do people reach for a draw, and do you feel peeved if you think you've got an advantage but just arent able to flex it due to unnecessary Queen on King harassment.
    Let me get this right - my opponent has an advantage and I'm supposed to just let him/her exercise that advantage? If I can force a draw under that circumstance, I will. It's not an advantage if it can't be realized!
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '08 07:381 edit

Eternal chess gives draw? Yes, I'm all for it.

To force a draw when under in material or position? Yes, I'm all for it.
  4. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 00:09
    Fair enough, I guess I come from a different school of thought, but obviously the prevailing mood is that a draw is a legitimate tactic anytime anywhere.

I have been edumecated.
  5. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 01:46
    Fair enough, I guess I come from a different school of thought, but obviously the prevailing mood is that a draw is a legitimate tactic anytime anywhere.

I have been edumecated.
    if you can force a 3-move repetition draw or a 50-move draw in an otherwise lost position, it's your right and duty as a chessplayer to punish your opponent for such a horrible mistake. he lost the win because of his mistake, you're just making the best move.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree