Play Chess Engine on Babaschess 4.0?

Play Chess Engine on Babaschess 4.0?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

m

Moves
28 Aug 07

I just installed BabasChess 4.0 and I love playing it on FICS. The only feature it's missing is playing a chess engine (offline). Is there a way doing this, maybe with a plugin? If so, I could delete all my other GUIs, because Babas would have it all.

o
onyx2007

watching you...

Moves
28 Aug 07

You joined up here just to ask that?

S

Moves
28 Aug 07

I don't think you can.

i

Moves
28 Aug 07

Do you mean playing against an engine? You can definitely analyze a game with an engine; in fact I think it does that out of the box with Crafty.

If you really want to play against it, you could just use the analysis mode and only turn it on for the opponent's move. (Then turn it off, apply the engine's move to the board, make your move, then turn it back on, etc.)

m

Moves
28 Aug 07

I'll try that, thx. Sometimes I just prefer playing against an engine, especially Ufim, which you can adjust to different levels. So far I've used Arena 1.99 for that. I just got into online chess a little while ago, & that's how I found out about BabasChess.

m

Moves
28 Aug 07

Originally posted by onyx2006
You joined up here just to ask that?
Is there anything wrong with that?

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
28 Aug 07

Originally posted by mwimmersc
Is there anything wrong with that?
Yeah.

m

Moves
28 Aug 07

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Yeah.
It just seemed to me that many posters here in the forum know a lot about the kind of stuff I am interested in, and if people don't start bullying as soon as I ask a question I might actually stick around and play games.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
28 Aug 07

It just seemed to me that many posters here in the forum know a lot about the kind of stuff I am interested in, and if people don't start bullying as soon as I ask a question I might actually stick around and play games.
Cool, the site is good, and we'd like to see you play some chess.

P-

o
onyx2007

watching you...

Moves
29 Aug 07

I was only messing fella šŸ˜‰

M

Moves
29 Aug 07

You mostly get sensible (and courteous) answers in these forums, but perhaps you could see how it looks to the regulars - "moves = 0"

We get weirdos joining up just to make trouble in the forums, they all wear "moves = o" signs because they don't play here. I suggest you play half a dozen games here just to try it out, we really are quite friendly ...

but: ENTER THE "GENERAL" FORUM AT YOUR OWN RISK !!!!!! šŸ˜µšŸ˜µšŸ˜µ

W
Angler

River City

Moves
29 Aug 07

I just installed BabasChess 4.0 and I love playing it on FICS. The only feature it's missing is playing a chess engine (offline). Is there a way doing this, maybe with a plugin? If so, I could delete all my other GUIs, because Babas would have it all.
If you want to play against an engine without buying one, then get Arena or Winboard (Arena can do everything that Winboard can and more, but Winboard has advantages if you're into programming).

Arena http://www.playwitharena.com/
Winboard http://www.tim-mann.org/xboard.html

m

Moves
30 Aug 07

Thx, Arena looks great. Now they should add a decent online tool, so I won't need BabasChess anymore ;-).

m

Moves
30 Aug 07

Originally posted by MissOleum
You mostly get sensible (and courteous) answers in these forums, but perhaps you could see how it looks to the regulars - "moves = 0"

We get weirdos joining up just to make trouble in the forums, they all wear "moves = o" signs because they don't play here. I suggest you play half a dozen games here just to try it out, we really are quite friendly ...

but: ENTER THE "GENERAL" FORUM AT YOUR OWN RISK !!!!!! šŸ˜µšŸ˜µšŸ˜µ
I can see that. Made my first movešŸ˜‰

x

Moves
30 Aug 07

Had the same dilemna. You cannot have Babaschess alone. Pity because this should be a very easy feature to add...