1. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    18 Dec '06 16:28
    Everytime i try to access playchess my PC can't find the srver.

I've just downloaded the relevant program, and am trying to create an account. I have norton which allowed the access to the site (recommended), but every time i try to connect i get Nothing.....Can anyone help me please ?
  2. Joined
    12 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Dec '06 16:37
    Are you making a guest account or have you bought a serial number. I had a problem where I was trying to make an account and what you do is sign in as a guest 1st then log out and sign again.

If that isn't the reason and I assume when you say norton you are talking about there firewall product you could even disable it and try playchess again. If it works this time then it's clear it's something with the firewall, if that's the case then you'll need to look at the permissions.
  3. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    18 Dec '06 16:39
    Originally posted by Audacious
    Are you making a guest account or have you bought a serial number. I had a problem where I was trying to make an account and what you do is sign in as a guest 1st then log out and sign again.

If that isn't the reason and I assume when you say norton you are talking about there firewall product you could even disable it and try playchess again. If it wo ...[text shortened]... omething with the firewall, if that's the case then you'll need to look at the permissions.
    I just chose the "create account" option.

I'll try again.
  4. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    18 Dec '06 16:41
    I got in straight away....Thank you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree