1. Joined
    20 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '06 08:10
    Why do some people insist on trying to delay games as long as possible, one opponent of mine has used up all but a couple of hours of a 14 day timeout and still plays every move just under 3 days apart😠 I had a look and he's playing about 30 or so games and doing the same with them all and has won many games by resignation and lost others on timeout .......... WTF is the point😕
  2. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '06 11:25
    Originally posted by Terry Mc
    Why do some people insist on trying to delay games as long as possible, one opponent of mine has used up all but a couple of hours of a 14 day timeout and still plays every move just under 3 days apart😠 I had a look and he's playing about 30 or so games and doing the same with them all and has won many games by resignation and lost others on timeout .......... WTF is the point😕
    If you played an OTB game and you had 2 hours on the clock, would you only use 45 minutes of your time?!

Some players may simply want to think about the moves as much as possible, and then maybe get held up when needing to get to a computer, and default. This can be poor time management usually- some people should learn from this, some don't...
  3. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    19 Mar '06 11:48
    WTF is the point😕
    the point is, this is correspondence chess. you're not supposed to rush your moves.
  4. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    19 Mar '06 15:01
    When I have too many games going, as I do now, I often wait until my timebank is depleting before I make a move. Slow is good. 😀
  5. Joined
    18 Feb '06
    Moves
    19 Mar '06 18:46
    you know you will can claim a win only using 2 of you timebank days i am not sure if it is true my self
  6. Joined
    05 Feb '06
    Moves
    19 Mar '06 19:35
    Originally posted by wormwood
    the point is, this is correspondence chess. you're not supposed to rush your moves.
    Agree entirely. Not everybody wants to rush their games, and can learn more if time is taken, though it won't suit players who are obsessed with improving their ratings in record time.🙄
  7. Standard memberrroselavy
    Fresh Widow
    Moves
    19 Mar '06 20:02
    Why do some people insist on trying to delay games as long as possible, one opponent of mine has used up all but a couple of hours of a 14 day timeout and still plays every move just under 3 days apart😕
    You should consider playing games with more stringent timeout/timebank limits if you don't have the patience for your current challenge.

I have hardly ever used my timebank, but may make use of my timeout on more complex positions. I often need to "visit" a position several times over the timeout period to keep my analysis fresh.

If a player's Move Frequency was determined through calculation (ie.. average time over the past 50 moves) rather than being set by the player, you would have better information before accepting a challenge.
  8. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    20 Mar '06 01:40
    There is nothing wrong with that, i find that if i sleep on a position i understand it better when i finally make a move. If you see a skull, click it, otherwise get another game going if you're board.
  9. Joined
    20 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '06 10:13
    Guess I'm just impulsive, that would explain some mistakes😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree