1. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '07 23:36
    Thanks for all the replies, some very interesting thoughts.

What about playing many blitz games before a tournament? I'm thinking that this might help me improve my openings and tactics, but on the other hand, I don't want to become twitchy and superficial. Do you think playing many blitz games before a tourney is a good idea?
  2. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 19:52
    I like crackers. 😀
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 22:42
    I can't find opponents weaker than me
  4. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Mar '07 04:45
    lol...
  5. Sydney
    Moves
    12 Mar '07 04:51
    Originally posted by exigentsky
    Thanks for all the replies, some very interesting thoughts.

What about playing many blitz games before a tournament? I'm thinking that this might help me improve my openings and tactics, but on the other hand, I don't want to become twitchy and superficial. Do you think playing many blitz games before a tourney is a good idea?
    Not unless it's a blitz tournament ..

My opinion is that slower time controls help you in faster time controls so:
    CC is good training for OTB, OTB is good training for blitz, blitz is good training for bullet but never the other way around. The reason for this I think is that as time controls get tighter you rely more and more on pattern recognition in the subconscious that you have developed over many games at longer time controls
  6. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    12 Mar '07 11:32
    Originally posted by zebano
    Thats true for most of them. Eventually this strategy will burn you when someone does call your bluff.
    I always take the sac if I don't see a forced loss. make them prove it was sound.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree