1. Joined
    06 Jan '07
    Moves
    24 Oct '08 22:05
    Experimented playing some 15/0 on ICC today with the board reversed, so I was viewing the game from my opponent's perspective. A few games suggest that my results were better than usual. I can instantly try to see what my opponent is trying to accomplish with each move. Then I focus on making the move that my opponent (me from my perspective) would least like to see. Kind of cool. You should try it sometime.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Oct '08 22:33
    Originally posted by Reverb
    Experimented playing some 15/0 on ICC today with the board reversed, so I was viewing the game from my opponent's perspective. A few games suggest that my results were better than usual. I can instantly try to see what my opponent is trying to accomplish with each move. Then I focus on making the move that my opponent (me from my perspective) would least like to see. Kind of cool. You should try it sometime.
    Hi, incredibly interesting, does it not make you more inclined to act in a reactionary way, rather than try to establish your own plans and ideas, or does it not matter?
  3. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    24 Oct '08 23:24
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Hi, incredibly interesting, does it not make you more inclined to act in a reactionary way, rather than try to establish your own plans and ideas, or does it not matter?
    I would assume it does not matter since, when you plan correctly, you take into account your opponents plan or in this case what would be your own plan.
  4. Hollow earth
    Moves
    25 Oct '08 02:19
    I do this in OTB tourneys.I find it helps 🙂
  5. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    25 Oct '08 02:38
    Originally posted by Katastroof
    I do this in OTB tourneys.I find it helps 🙂
    LOL
  6. Hollow earth
    Moves
    25 Oct '08 02:42
    Originally posted by Ice Cold
    LOL
    Heh....maybe that sounded strange.I don't actually turn the board around,I stand behind my opponent to view the board from his side 🙂
  7. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    25 Oct '08 03:37
    Originally posted by Katastroof
    Heh....maybe that sounded strange.I don't actually turn the board around,I stand behind my opponent to view the board from his side 🙂
    So you're creepy too eh?
  8. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    25 Oct '08 03:50
    It's CC then take your time. Flip board and see what your opponent can do. Take a day and check again. Maybe you missed something...
  9. Hollow earth
    Moves
    26 Oct '08 03:06
    Originally posted by Ice Cold
    So you're creepy too eh?
    ROFL
    I guess so 😳
  10. In Jim's arms
    Moves
    26 Oct '08 06:48
    I always view my games reversed, i feel like it gives me a better view of what i can do. So always if i play black or white my pieces are always viewed north!
  11. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    26 Oct '08 09:28
    Often when you analyse a game with an opponent in real life you can end up playing different ends of the game when one of you has an idea his opponent missed.
  12. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    26 Oct '08 15:57
    Very good idea! I need to do more of this myself.

🙂
  13. Joined
    17 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '08 17:06
    I have this feature built into my computer. With IBM Thinkpads ctrl+alt+down arrow will flip your screen upside down. Its a bit hard to get used to the mouse right, but it certainly gives the perspective you need.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree