1. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Jun '14 16:32
    Hello,
    Will useful members of the RHP community please on my game in the Next Post following this OP?

I would like to know:

1) How could I have played better as white?
    2) Are my annotations accurate for the both the White side and
    ... the Black side?
    3) Please offer any useful annotations and/or other useful responses
    ... you might have about the game so that I and others can learn
    ... from this game example.

Thanks,
    KOP
  2. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Jun '14 16:325 edits
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint

KingOnPoint(1492) Vs. Luigi Lammachi(1431)
    Game ID - 10585007
  3. Standard membersundown316
    The Mighty Messenger
    The Wood of N'Kai
    Moves
    13 Jun '14 20:561 edit
    Don't know what he was looking at with 5...Nxf2? Was he afraid of 5...Nh6 6.Bxh6? After that it was a mop-up as he helped by trading off everything, something you don't do a piece down.
  4. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    14 Jun '14 02:35

[b]KingOnPoint(1492) Vs. Luigi Lammachi(1431)
    Game ID - 10585007
    [pgn]1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nf6 {Starting the Petrov Defense (C42)} 3. d4 {Moving into the Modern (Steinitz) Attack (C43) and detering Bb4. Black can transpose to the Philidor Defense with which my opponent is us ...[text shortened]... 5chess.com and http://www.eudesign.com/chessops/index.htm and http://www.chesslab.com} 1-0[/pgn][/b]
    If you really want to learn, ask others to critique your losses. There is more to be gained there, usually.
  5. Joined
    18 Feb '10
    Moves
    14 Jun '14 10:502 edits
    I suppose it's good in a way to see a failed sacrifice. Usually only games with successful sacrifices get published so if you're not careful you can get the impression that sacrifices work 90% of the time.

To be honest, Black played really, really badly in this game from start to finish and there doesn't seem to be any point in analysing it. White did a pretty good job at winning once he was a piece up, but this largely consisted of swapping off pieces when Black offered to ( "Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake" ).

When I used to play for Hackney Chess Club in the late 1980s, we used to go over games in the pub after league matches and a popular catch-phrase when someone thought he had an easily won game was "I could beat Kasparov from this position". Maybe you could try this out with this game - plug in the position after Nxf2 and get a strongish computer program to play the Black side. I bet you a pile of dog poo that you won't be able to beat it, even though you're a piece up.
  6. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    14 Jun '14 15:07
    Hello,
    Will useful members of the RHP community please on my game in the Next Post following this OP?

I would like to know:

1) How could I have played better as white?
    2) Are my annotations accurate for the both the White side and
    ... the Black side?
    3) Please offer any useful annotations and/or other useful responses
    ... you might have about the game so that I and others can learn
    ... from this game example.

Thanks,
    KOP
    King- you're doing a really smart thing! This is the best free education you'll get. It can be painful to re live a game if you lost, or missed a prime opportunity, but feedback like this will save you from making the same mistakes over and over. I need to start doing this myself.🙂
  7. Joined
    17 Dec '13
    Moves
    17 Jun '14 01:28
    Why take the pawn on move 11 keep the tension maybe move a rook or something useful. It seems like your doing what he wants there.
  8. Joined
    17 Dec '13
    Moves
    17 Jun '14 01:32
    move 13 was kind of garbage. he could take the pawn and force a new pin on your knight.

Instead I would of attacked the pined knight on e6 with your knight to g5
  9. Joined
    18 Feb '10
    Moves
    17 Jun '14 07:041 edit
    Originally posted by 1shooter
    move 13 was kind of garbage. he could take the pawn and force a new pin on your knight.
    13. ... Bxb4 would have been a serious blunder by Black. See if you can work out why.
  10. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    18 Jun '14 21:45

🙄
  11. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '14 18:531 edit
    Why take the pawn on move 11 keep the tension maybe move a rook or something useful. It seems like your doing what he wants there.
    1Shooter,
    I wanted to keep black from playing d6-d5 on his move 11. I can look at the Re1 instead.
  12. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '14 19:031 edit

1Shooter,
    If you will look closer to my annotation, you can see that if Black takes the b4 pawn, I will put a Queen on Black's King and then gain a Black bishop afterward.

Annotation for move 13
    ---------------------------------
    Watching for 13... Bxb4 14. Qa4+ (Ke7, Kf8, or Qd7) 15. Qxb4
    ----------------------------

Also, if I had tried to take Black's Bishop at e6 with my Knight at g5, then Black would have another center pawn to push down the center. I do not want that. Notice, I did not take the Bishop at e6 until move 18 when the Bishop had to be recaptured with Black's Queen.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree