1. ein Schachbrett
    Moves
    19 Jun '12 19:53
    One more question for you guys. I play blitz chess on chess.com a lot. One man told me blitz will rot your brain but others say its fine. It's probably different for everyone but just wondering what you think.
  2. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    19 Jun '12 20:08
    Originally posted by sedilia
    One more question for you guys. I play blitz chess on chess.com a lot. One man told me blitz will rot your brain but others say its fine. It's probably different for everyone but just wondering what you think.
    I play blitz at chess.com, my brain is indeed rotted, better back off. 🙂
  3. Joined
    01 Feb '12
    Moves
    19 Jun '12 20:25
    Blitz chess doesn't give you a deep understanding of chess, however it helps to play under time pressure.

I don't play enough blitz, so every time I get into time pressure in an OTB game, I panic and I can't see anything.
  4. Joined
    21 Jan '12
    Moves
    20 Jun '12 13:50
    Did he really say that?That's funny!

99% of GM's play blitz.And they play it well.
    They all have rotten brains then?

I actually think 100% of GM's play blitz but I'll assume there are a few who prove the rule.
    so 99%.
  5. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    20 Jun '12 14:15
    I'm not sure about the brain rot. Just be sure that you don't play the Frankenstein-Dracula variation during a full moon. The transformation into the Wolfman will eat up all your time.
  6. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    20 Jun '12 15:17
    Originally posted by paulbuchmanfromfics
    I'm not sure about the brain rot. Just be sure that you don't play the Frankenstein-Dracula variation during a full moon. The transformation into the Wolfman will eat up all your time.
    Not to mention the grief you get from your wife when she finds a strange hair with your chess set when you unpack it at home.
  7. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    20 Jun '12 15:43
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    thanks GB, every Thursday i think about it, there is one that meets ten minutes from
    my home near Bishopbriggs, I looked at the Scotland leagues, East Dunbartonshire,
    they are not very good I think. Bearsden are better.
    GB ? Is this a 3a accusation ?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jun '12 15:48
    Originally posted by thaughbaer
    GB ? Is this a 3a accusation ?
    oops, i meant GP, got my plosive mixed up!
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jun '12 16:14
    Originally posted by paulbuchmanfromfics
    meh nothing a silver bullet made from a crucifix and some garlic canny cure. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree