1. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    24 Aug '10 22:531 edit
    Hi folks, i thought i'd test drive the new analysis function a little. I've done some small analysis of a recent game in the Spanish Team championship. White (P Negi) really strangles black (Moiseenko) with some superb positional play.

2. on your backrank!
    Moves
    25 Aug '10 14:21
    enjoyed the game. thx for sharing
  3. Philadelphia
    Moves
    25 Aug '10 21:22
    Nice analysis, thanks for posting it. It's nice to see what happens with the stranglehold. I really liked the ninth move allowing the pawn push up the a file. Definitely going to keep that one in mind.
  4. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    25 Aug '10 21:321 edit
    Originally posted by Double G
    Nice analysis, thanks for posting it. It's nice to see what happens with the stranglehold. I really liked the ninth move allowing the pawn push up the a file. Definitely going to keep that one in mind.
    I have to say that the idea of moving a piece before it is attacked took me a while to get my head around. This game is a perfect illustration of pro-actively removing tempo saving moves from your opponents options. After the black pawns charge down the Queenside, white would be in serious trouble, Be2 just totally takes the sting out of things and allows white to consolidate the advantage of the opening move into a solid positional advantage. Masterful stuff, great game! 😀

It is useful to note that white can get away with moving the Bishop twice in the opening because black has wasted a move retreating his Queen... 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree