Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. 05 Feb '13 07:03 / 1 edit
    I can't help but show this, partly because I'm very excited by this game, and the fact that I played the winning side of a game I'm excited about kinda makes me a little proud... I've been putting in a lot of study time adhering to my speculative study plan as closely as possible and I think it is having very good results especially since I haven't been doing it for more than two months.

Anyway to the game in question.

2. Subscriber 64squaresofpain On Vacation
    The drunk knight
    05 Feb '13 11:18
    Nice ending 🙂
  3. 05 Feb '13 20:48
    lovely, achieves the height of elegance, a tactical miniature and a strategic masterpiece,
    what Eddy Gufeld would call your "Mona Lisa" game
  4. 05 Feb '13 23:15
    Originally posted by YourWorstKnightmare
    lovely, achieves the height of elegance, a tactical miniature and a strategic masterpiece,
    what Eddy Gufeld would call your "Mona Lisa" game
    Thankyou. I wish I could have this same clarity of mind in all positions but I'm keeping my study specific to positions I will most likely see, which is based on my repertoire. It is encouraging to see the possibilities... May we all have many more enjoyable games worth posting.
  5. Standard member chessicle
    The Chessicle
    09 Feb '13 09:33
    Originally posted by 64squaresofpain
    Nice ending 🙂
    No Queen sac, but same mating pattern from an opening which is the opposite of the King's Gambit in many ways.

6. 09 Feb '13 16:12
    very good game, never seen that pattern before
  7. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    09 Feb '13 19:09
    Very fine game. I like your crisp attack lines.
  8. 09 Feb '13 22:58 / 1 edit
    Thanks everyone, it was a good feeling knowing what was going on.
  9. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    10 Feb '13 00:31
    I don't believe that is a common checkmating pattern, but certainly one that is good to be able to recognize.
  10. Standard member Grampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    10 Feb '13 17:59 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by tomtom232

I can't help but show this, partly because I'm very excited by this game, and the fact that I played the winning side of a game I'm excited about kinda makes me a little proud... I've been putting in a lot of study time adhering to my speculative study plan as closely as possible and I think it is having very good results especially since I haven't been doing it for more than two months.
    There's a point in time when Chess becomes an Extreme Sport.

Edit: "Life is a game, and we are the pawns. The only thing that matters is how the pieces move." (Chuck Klosterman)