1. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    05 Feb '13 07:031 edit
    I can't help but show this, partly because I'm very excited by this game, and the fact that I played the winning side of a game I'm excited about kinda makes me a little proud... I've been putting in a lot of study time adhering to my speculative study plan as closely as possible and I think it is having very good results especially since I haven't been doing it for more than two months.

Anyway to the game in question.

2. Subscriber64squaresofpain
    The drunk knight
    Stuck on g1
    Moves
    05 Feb '13 11:18
    Nice ending 🙂
  3. Joined
    03 Feb '13
    Moves
    05 Feb '13 20:48
    lovely, achieves the height of elegance, a tactical miniature and a strategic masterpiece,
    what Eddy Gufeld would call your "Mona Lisa" game
  4. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    05 Feb '13 23:15
    Originally posted by YourWorstKnightmare
    lovely, achieves the height of elegance, a tactical miniature and a strategic masterpiece,
    what Eddy Gufeld would call your "Mona Lisa" game
    Thankyou. I wish I could have this same clarity of mind in all positions but I'm keeping my study specific to positions I will most likely see, which is based on my repertoire. It is encouraging to see the possibilities... May we all have many more enjoyable games worth posting.
  5. Standard memberchessicle
    The Chessicle
    Scotland?
    Moves
    09 Feb '13 09:33
    Originally posted by 64squaresofpain
    Nice ending 🙂
    No Queen sac, but same mating pattern from an opening which is the opposite of the King's Gambit in many ways.

6. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    09 Feb '13 16:12
    very good game, never seen that pattern before
  7. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    09 Feb '13 19:09
    Very fine game. I like your crisp attack lines.
  8. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    09 Feb '13 22:581 edit
    Thanks everyone, it was a good feeling knowing what was going on.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Feb '13 00:31
    I don't believe that is a common checkmating pattern, but certainly one that is good to be able to recognize.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Feb '13 17:591 edit
    Originally posted by tomtom232

I can't help but show this, partly because I'm very excited by this game, and the fact that I played the winning side of a game I'm excited about kinda makes me a little proud... I've been putting in a lot of study time adhering to my speculative study plan as closely as possible and I think it is having very good results especially since I haven't been doing it for more than two months.
    There's a point in time when Chess becomes an Extreme Sport.

Edit: "Life is a game, and we are the pawns. The only thing that matters is how the pieces move." (Chuck Klosterman)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree