1. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jul '06 16:20
    i was wondering if anyone knew of a good accepted queens gambit game. i've played it a few times but i know i'm not getting the best of the ogening and when someone has played it against me i've allways been able to defend it pretty well.

so if anyone has a game that they played very well and won with it i would really like to see it to get a bit better at the opening.

thanks
  2. Stockholm, Sweden
    Moves
    02 Jul '06 16:44
    With which side? I assume you mean "played it" with Black. I think the QGA is quite grateful for the White.. I would be happy to face it as White.. Wouldn't play it as Black =)
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jul '06 16:53
    Originally posted by Golub
    With which side? I assume you mean "played it" with Black. I think the QGA is quite grateful for the White.. I would be happy to face it as White.. Wouldn't play it as Black =)
    i mean when you're playing it as white. i know its a good opening but i haven't had it played against me well enough to learn a lot from it and i always accept.
  4. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    02 Jul '06 19:53
    Originally posted by trevor33
    i mean when you're playing it as white. i know its a good opening but i haven't had it played against me well enough to learn a lot from it and i always accept.
    XanthosNZ uses this as his primary opening. He's 2000+ and on page two, so looking at his games will probably help. Or...

www.chessgames.com
  5. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    02 Jul '06 20:19
    There once was a time when (as Black) I played the QGA, but I soon learnt there is no effective way of keeping the pawn, and so, the appeal of taking away from the centre, only for is to be snapped up by a developing bishop faded away.

hence, as Black I play QGD, as white I tend to play the e4 openings.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree