Questions about Anand V. Kramnik

Questions about Anand V. Kramnik

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e

Moves
07 Oct 08
1 edit

Actually, it is but I was just terse: "When the differences in rating are so small at the top level, they don't mean that much... Kramnik and Anand are probably still a bit stronger overall as they have passed more important tests."

t

Moves
07 Oct 08

Originally posted by exigentsky
Actually, it is: "Kramnik and Anand are probably still a bit stronger overall as they have passed more important tests."
"When the differences in rating are so small at the top level, they don't mean that much and certainly shouldn't be the defining factor in who your favorite player might be"

The specific case of Kramnik and Anand don't cover this statement. But its really beside the point as you clarified yourself anyway.

G

Moves
07 Oct 08

Another question about it: Is there a place online one can watch the games and read news about them (if one doesn't have time to watch all of the games)?
If there is, could you, plz, post a link.

p

Moves
07 Oct 08

Originally posted by Guych
Another question about it: Is there a place online one can watch the games and read news about them (if one doesn't have time to watch all of the games)?
If there is, could you, plz, post a link.
Yes...I would like know the best place to follow the games. Is there any channel in the USA that would carry any of it? I highly doubt it.

RC

In the ****

Moves
07 Oct 08

Originally posted by passedpawn22
Yes...I would like know the best place to follow the games. Is there any channel in the USA that would carry any of it? I highly doubt it.
http://www.uep-worldchess.com/

R

Moves
08 Oct 08

In my previous post I certainly didn't mean to imply that the ratings actually prove that one player is stronger than the other, but both Anand and Kramnik have been around for a long time (as well as Topalov and Ivanchuk, buncha old-timers!) and have both proven themselves capable players. I was just trying to be as objective as possible in choosing a favorite(this is what ratings are meant for I suppose).

Nevertheless, it is true that Kramnik has proven to be one of the best match players ever; it seems he thrives for match play, shutting down even Kasparov in 2000.

I route for Anand simply because I like his style more though.

The poll on the Daily Dirt Chess blog has so far put Kramnik as the favorite though(by a close margin nevertheless).

If it comes down to the rapid tie-breaks though, I think Anand will have a definite advantage being the best rapid chess player in the world.