1. Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    04 Jun '07 16:06
    is it possible to change a game from rated to unrated once it has started if both players agree?
  2. Joined
    19 May '06
    Moves
    04 Jun '07 16:07
    Originally posted by eheieh
    is it possible to change a game from rated to unrated once it has started if both players agree?
    I don't think so
  3. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    04 Jun '07 20:37
    Don't take your first 20 games too seriously. We had someone asking for players over a certain level the other day and he was still provisionally rated.
  4. Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    12 Jun '07 11:04
    Yes that was me. Surely this is advantageous for two reasons. Firstly, playing stronger players improves your game, and secondly, if you win, your rating increases faster than playing same or lower rated players. I`m not really sure what provisional rating has to do with this. Some provisional rated players may have been playing for years before joining the site, and be quite capable of playing a reasonable game against a player with a higher rating. Having a provisional rating of 1200 is therefore meaningless in terms of playing ability.
  5. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    12 Jun '07 12:40
    Yes that was me. Surely this is advantageous for two reasons. Firstly, playing stronger players improves your game, and secondly, if you win, your rating increases faster than playing same or lower rated players. I`m not really sure what provisional rating has to do with this. Some provisional rated players may have been playing for years before joining the s ...[text shortened]... ating. Having a provisional rating of 1200 is therefore meaningless in terms of playing ability.
    that's exactly the reason why provisional ratings exist. to get the ratings of newcomers close to their actual performance faster. a win/loss against a provisional also gains/costs the opponent only half of what a game against non-provisional does. a loss is a loss, so it's just fair that you lose something against a provisional.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree