1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    28 Feb '08 18:12
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    I think the accusations only come when someone's games have been run through Fritz or whatever, i.e. the player's moves match Fritz's first choice too often to be coincidental.

A high rating or "engine-like play" merely causes someone to fall under suspicion.
    That is not always the case, and the admins are the final word on evidence. I sent more feedback, let's hope for the best (a clear decision)

P-
  2. The sky
    Moves
    28 Feb '08 18:15
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I erased threads about any number of people you might find on the removed list, it's RHP that needs to put them there. The moderation was not treated any different than any other accusation in the forums.

P-
    I read Pawn Qween's post as being about preferential treatment by the site administrators when it comes to 3(b) bans, not by the forum mods when it comes to deletion of accusations.
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    28 Feb '08 18:171 edit
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    I read Pawn Qween's post as being about preferential treatment by the site administrators when it comes to 3(b) bans, not by the forum mods when it comes to deletion of accusations.
    Ah, does read that way.

I'm sure the same applies to admins. They want to get things right, not cover up or ignore.

P-
  4. Joined
    21 Sep '06
    Moves
    28 Feb '08 18:18
    I erased threads about any number of people you might find on the removed list, it's RHP that needs to put them there. The moderation was not treated any different than any other accusation in the forums.

P-
    Huh? Surely talking about someone who's already been 3(b) banned isn't an "accusation" - only if they're not currently on that list.

Did you mean "... people you *ought* find..."?
  5. lookin for a way out
    Moves
    28 Feb '08 18:18
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Thanks Nordly's, that was what I meant 🙂
  6. Dublin
    Moves
    28 Feb '08 18:21
    Originally posted by DawgHaus
    Huh? Surely talking about someone who's already been 3(b) banned isn't an "accusation" - only if they're not currently on that list.

Did you mean "... people you *ought* find..."?
    I presume he means that the threads were made before the player was banned.
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    28 Feb '08 18:231 edit
    Originally posted by Schumi
    I presume he means that the threads were made before the player was banned.
    bingo (sort of irrelevant now since I misunderstood the original post about admins, not mods)
  8. Joined
    12 Aug '04
    Moves
    28 Feb '08 21:18
    Originally posted by English Tal
    It was reported several weeks ago.... with no result whatsoever.
    Was it reported based on a couple of games, or in a good bunch of them?
  9. back in business
    Moves
    28 Feb '08 21:30
    huh? What happened to the a little bird told me in General Forum? It was interesting while I went to get a few gingerbread cookies and its a goonah?!
  10. Amsterdam
    Moves
    29 Feb '08 09:08
    That is not always the case, and the admins are the final word on evidence. I sent more feedback, let's hope for the best (a clear decision)

P-
    Good work Phlabibit..

Yet it surprises me that it takes the site admins so long then to actually perform a ban in case there is clear evidence!
  11. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    29 Feb '08 09:302 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. lookin for a way out
    Moves
    29 Feb '08 09:481 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I imagine that engine use starts earlier than 2000 in most cases, but when people ask in the forums which are the best engines to use, then it makes me wonder just how much is going on.

I have just got a subscription and planned to play more and improve my game (without mechanical help) so I could play in tournaments. Is there any point in trying? 🙁
  13. London
    Moves
    29 Feb '08 11:30
    Originally posted by Pawn Qween
    I imagine that engine use starts earlier than 2000 in most cases, but when people ask in the forums which are the best engines to use, then it makes me wonder just how much is going on.

I have just got a subscription and planned to play more and improve my game (without mechanical help) so I could play in tournaments. Is there any point in trying? 🙁
    Of course. The majority of players here want the same as you do. I just ignore cheating and the idea of cheating. I think it's more of a problem for higher rated players.
  14. Joined
    24 Jan '08
    Moves
    29 Feb '08 13:19
    Originally posted by Mahout
    Of course. The majority of players here want the same as you do. I just ignore cheating and the idea of cheating. I think it's more of a problem for higher rated players.
    It's definately more obvious in higher rated players, but I'm sure you will get the odd player who used to beat all of their friends and thinks they are really good at chess who gets frustrated with losing all of the time and will use an engine to "check" a few moves a game because they have conviced themselves that everyone else is so good that they must all be cheating...
  15. Joined
    16 May '07
    Moves
    01 Mar '08 06:451 edit

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree