29 Sep '07 10:19
    Originally posted by z00t
    Do the following :-

1. unzip the rhp_book_db

2. you get two folders one book and the other db

3. go to the book folder and unzip the rhp2k to get the [b]rph2k.ctg
    opening book

4. go to the database folder to get the rhp2k.cbh

5. Open the rhp2k.cbh in Chessbase/ChessBase Light or fritz and the rph2k.ctg as the reference book.

Hope this helps.[/b]
    cheers zoot,

All good until the following:

5. Open the rhp2k.cbh in Chessbase/ChessBase Light or fritz and the rph2k.ctg as the reference book.

I'm not familiar at all with the software so don't really understand the above instructions.

How do you open in chessbase light? Whats the reference book??

I am being very lazy by not trying to work it out myself, but hey it is saturday morning...

((ps. Where is the best place to find chessbase tutorials and help? ))

cheers
  2. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    29 Sep '07 10:391 edit
    On the page on my blog just below the download link, I linked to a CBlight2007 article with pictures so that should help. Do those steps in the pictures and then its much clearer.
  3. Joined
    03 Mar '06
    Moves
    29 Sep '07 11:462 edits
    Do the following :-

1. unzip the rhp_book_db

2. you get two folders one book and the other db

3. go to the book folder and unzip the rhp2k to get the [b]rph2k.ctg
    opening book

4. go to the database folder to get the rhp2k.cbh

Hope this helps.[/b]
    I did everything you say, but i get this error message that say, directory for rhp3...... is not a database.

I download the chessbase thing

lol this thing is confusing

- LoLLe
  4. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    29 Sep '07 12:181 edit
    What step are you on? The book or the database. Ignore the book for now.

1. Ensure ChessBaseLight2007 is installed and working. Try opening a few cbh databases with it. Important :- Ensure you have read the crash course I linked to on CBLight2007 for those not familiar with ChessBase software.

2. unzip the database in the database folder to give you step 4 in the tutorial above.

3. Open the rhp2k.cbh in ChessBase Light as per no 5 above
  5. Joined
    03 Mar '06
    Moves
    29 Sep '07 12:50
    What step are you on? The book or the database. Ignore the book for now.

1. Ensure ChessBaseLight2007 is installed and working. Try opening a few [b]cbh
    databases with it. Important :- Ensure you have read the crash course I linked to on CBLight2007 for those not familiar with ChessBase software.

2. unzip the database in the database folder to ...[text shortened]... ep 4 in the tutorial above.

3. Open the rhp2k.cbh in ChessBase Light as per no 5 above[/b]
    I did this, i try to open rhp2k.cbh but it give me a error :'(

---------------------------
    Error
    C:\DOCUME~1\HOME\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temporary Directory 1 for rhp2k.zip\rhp2k\rhp2k.cbh
    is not a database
    OK
    might know the problem?

- LoLLe
  6. Joined
    03 Mar '06
    Moves
    29 Sep '07 12:51
    How can i copy my games to it, any idea also?

- LoLLe
  7. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    29 Sep '07 12:58
    You need to unzip it not open it in the temp folder.

When you click on rhp_book_db.zip unzip it to the same location in my case i've just downloaded it to ~/"My Documents"/ and then i change directory to ~/"My Documents"/rhp_book_db/database and then unzip rhp2k.zip to get ~/"My Documents"/rhp_book_db/database/rhp2k/rhp2k.cbh

You then go to ~/"My Documents"/rhp_book_db/database/rhp2k/rhp2k.cbh and open that with CBlight2007.
  8. Joined
    03 Mar '06
    Moves
    30 Sep '07 21:31
    You need to unzip it not open it in the temp folder.

When you click on rhp_book_db.zip unzip it to the same location in my case i've just downloaded it to ~/"My Documents"/ and then i change directory to ~/"My Documents"/rhp_book_db/database and then unzip rhp2k.zip to get ~/"My Documents"/rhp_book_db/database/rhp2k/rhp2k.cbh

You then go to ~/"My Documents"/rhp_book_db/database/rhp2k/rhp2k.cbh and open that with CBlight2007.
    Nice thanks, i make it work now. Seem that my winzip was corrupted, but i make it work now 🙂

- LoLLe
  9. Standard memberbuffalobill
    Major Bone
    On yer tail ...
    Moves
    01 Oct '07 18:06
    Thanks BTW. I imported it into Megabase and it should be a nice addition.
    The import picked up and discarded what it thought were 20 duplications - how did you compile this database?
    I'd like to do the same with my own games.
  10. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    01 Oct '07 18:28
    Originally posted by buffalobill
    Thanks BTW. I imported it into Megabase and it should be a nice addition.
    The import picked up and discarded what it thought were 20 duplications - how did you compile this database?
    I'd like to do the same with my own games.
    The raw pgn came from a guy who had the RHP 2000+ and a RHP top 160 players pgn, so I did not modify it in any way. It is pointless making a db of your own games since CBLight complains if the db has less than 50,000 games.

Ideally an up to date RHP db containing games of 1800 and upward would give you over 50,000 games and also ensure the quality of games is free from one move blunders etc.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree