1. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    16 Nov '06 20:50
    I used to know how to do this before but I haven't used this feature for a while.

I e-mailed my rhp games, copied and pasted them into notepad and saved the document as text, filename.pgn.

I opened up fritz but it cannot find the pgn file. I've had trouble with rhp games before also opening them into fritz.

Any ideas? I don't want to paste them 1 by 1.
  2. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    16 Nov '06 20:551 edit
    Originally posted by RahimK
    I used to know how to do this before but I haven't used this feature for a while.

I e-mailed my rhp games, copied and pasted them into notepad and saved the document as text, filename.pgn.

I opened up fritz but it cannot find the pgn file. I've had trouble with rhp games before also opening them into fritz.

Any ideas? I don't want to paste them 1 by 1.
    The file name is probably filename.pgn.txt You need to make windows show the extensions....then save the file as a txt file then rename it using windows and change the extension from txt to pgn

You can get windows to show the extensions by bringing up a dir window clicking Tools - Folder Options - View and it should be in that list.
  3. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    16 Nov '06 21:00
    Originally posted by Bedlam
    The file name is probably filename.pgn.txt You need to make windows show the extensions....then save the file as a txt file then rename it using windows and change the extension from txt to pgn

You can get windows to show the extensions by bringing up a dir window clicking Tools - Folder Options - View and it should be in that list.
    I don't remeber doing that before but I have never done it with Rhp before.

Thanks.
  4. Joined
    12 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Nov '06 21:011 edit
    I usually just copy and paste them into fritz, edit, paste game. I'm not sure how you'd go about making one big database out of a text file.

I tried making a database, you can make a new database call it redhotpawn, then every time you paste a game into fritz save it to this database and you'll have a separate database for your RHP games, however there must be a quicker way of doing it.
  5. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    16 Nov '06 21:03
    Originally posted by Audacious
    I usually just copy and paste them into fritz, edit, paste game. I'm not sure how you'd go about making one big database out of a text file.

I tried making a database, you can make a new database call it redhotpawn, then every time you paste a game into fritz save it to this database and you'll have a separate database for your RHP games, however there must be a quicker way of doing it.
    there is an easier way.

You e-mail all your rhp games. Open you e-mail, copy all the game paste them into notepad.

Do the file extension thing Rhpgames.pgn

And then open up fritz or your other program and open the database. It's one big database.

The copy and paste and add to database takes forever.
  6. Joined
    16 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Nov '06 21:04
    I don't remeber doing that before but I have never done it with Rhp before.

Thanks.
    If you set 'Save as type' to 'All Files' it should save correctly.
  7. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    16 Nov '06 21:06
    Originally posted by Ian68
    If you set 'Save as type' to 'All Files' it should save correctly.
    Right, that sounds familiar. Cool.
  8. Joined
    01 Nov '06
    Moves
    16 Nov '06 21:45
    I still don't know how to do it for Chessmaster
  9. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    17 Nov '06 03:36
    Originally posted by MoneyMaker7
    I still don't know how to do it for Chessmaster
    I just got CM10000 It requires a lot of juice to run which I don't posses right now.

You know how to play unrated games on CM right? Try starting one of those and then go to file and open and pick the database.

If not then you might have to try doing it through the database CM window.

I don't like how the CM database is setup, to complicated so I don't use it much.
  10. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Nov '06 07:451 edit
    there is an easier way.

You e-mail all your rhp games. Open you e-mail, copy all the game paste them into notepad.

Do the file extension thing Rhpgames.pgn

And then open up fritz or your other program and open the database. It's one big database.

The copy and paste and add to database takes forever.
    I'm surprised to hear that anyone can email their games to themselves... I've tried using this feature 6 times in the last few months and I never received any of them. 🙁
  11. Joined
    30 Oct '04
    Moves
    17 Nov '06 07:49
    Originally posted by arrakis
    I'm surprised to hear that anyone can email their games to themselves... I've tried using this feature 6 times in the last few months and I never received any of them. 🙁
    Spam filters, maybe?
  12. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    17 Nov '06 16:13
    Originally posted by arrakis
    I'm suprised to hear that anyone can email their games to themselves?

Is that a shot at non-subs 😠

Give it to me straight, don't beat around the bushes 😛

Do you have the right e-mail address?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree