1. Joined
    24 Jan '08
    Moves
    01 Feb '08 04:08
    I'm just wondering if anyone has both RHP and ACF ratings? I'm coming back to chess after a long break and was hoping to get some sort of idea of just how much knowledge I have lost 🙂

I realise that CC and OTB ratings are measuring different things, but I figure that it should at least give me a rough idea.
  2. BRADFORD, WEST YORKS
    Moves
    01 Feb '08 08:57
    Originally posted by droflace
    I'm just wondering if anyone has both RHP and ACF ratings? I'm coming back to chess after a long break and was hoping to get some sort of idea of just how much knowledge I have lost 🙂

I realise that CC and OTB ratings are measuring different things, but I figure that it should at least give me a rough idea.
    Question: As I'm in England and we have ECF, and the USA has USCF, where in the world is ACF based, there are lots of countries beginning with A. Go on give us a clue.

Renegade
  3. Joined
    24 Jan '08
    Moves
    01 Feb '08 09:07
    Originally posted by renegade hotspur
    Question: As I'm in England and we have ECF, and the USA has USCF, where in the world is ACF based, there are lots of countries beginning with A. Go on give us a clue.

Renegade
    A clue hey? Well, we've hosted 2 olympic games...
  4. Pale Blue Dot
    Moves
    01 Feb '08 09:13
    This here's the wattle, the emblem of our land. You can stick it in a bottle, you can hold it in your hand.
  5. Joined
    19 Mar '05
    Moves
    01 Feb '08 12:46
    It's Australia then I take it. Comparing your rating based on corresp. will only give you an indication of your strength. When I play on this site I make the moves as I would on a blitz site unless I get into a really interesting position. Some players do it the right way and study their games more fully. So, there are quite a few factors that might lead to rating fluctuations between OTB and corresp. Why don't you play in a few ACF tourneys and get a rating?
  6. Joined
    24 Jan '08
    Moves
    01 Feb '08 16:32
    Originally posted by demonseed
    It's Australia then I take it. Comparing your rating based on corresp. will only give you an indication of your strength. When I play on this site I make the moves as I would on a blitz site unless I get into a really interesting position. Some players do it the right way and study their games more fully. So, there are quite a few factors that might lead t ...[text shortened]... uctuations between OTB and corresp. Why don't you play in a few ACF tourneys and get a rating?
    Yeah, tis australia

I used to play in OTB tournaments, and had an ACF rating of approx. 1300-1400 but that was 7 years ago (when I was 15), and I would like to get an idea of where I am at before I get into it again. I realise that CC and OTB ratings will be quite different for a number of reasons, but i figure that playing some CC will at least help me with my opening thoery (of which I have forgotten most) before I go back to OTB.
  7. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    01 Feb '08 17:43
    Yeah, tis australia

I used to play in OTB tournaments, and had an ACF rating of approx. 1300-1400 but that was 7 years ago (when I was 15), and I would like to get an idea of where I am at before I get into it again. I realise that CC and OTB ratings will be quite different for a number of reasons, but i figure that playing some CC will at least help me with my opening thoery (of which I have forgotten most) before I go back to OTB.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree