Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. 20 Jun '11 21:14
    Sorry, I am not really good in chess, but my opponent only has a rook and king left and I have only king. Is there any way to escape the checkmate, like a series of moves I should take. I heard I should always try to go to the corners, but this seems like a lie. So what should I do?
  2. 20 Jun '11 21:20
    I'm not really sure what standard procedure would be in a situation like this, but I presume it's not allowed to ask for help on games that are currently in progress. It would be unfair to your opponent.
  3. 20 Jun '11 21:22
    Originally posted by Savielly
    I'm not really sure what standard procedure would be in a situation like this, but I presume it's not allowed to ask for help on games that are currently in progress. It would be unfair to your opponent.
    Alright... hands up! I know you have been here under a previous ID I just can't quite "pin" which ID it was.
  4. 20 Jun '11 21:24
    What?
  5. 20 Jun '11 21:28 / 2 edits
    Ok, I understand, I will try to do it by myself
  6. 21 Jun '11 07:11
    Originally posted by sergent1
    Ok, I understand, I will try to do it by myself
    you can force mate with only a rook and a king vs a king. question is, does your opponent know how. only one way to find out.
  7. 21 Jun '11 12:22
    Originally posted by sergent1
    Sorry, I am not really good in chess, but my opponent only has a rook and king left and I have only king. Is there any way to escape the checkmate, like a series of moves I should take. I heard I should always try to go to the corners, but this seems like a lie. So what should I do?
    Google it
  8. 21 Jun '11 22:47
    Probably not