1. Subscribergregsflat
    Guitarist
    @William Penn's gaze
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 14:15
    Game 6352863
    Note: this game is in progress, please offer no opinions in regard to possible moves or winning and losing.

I thought I could move Queen to H6. and take the pawn, because oponents knight is blocking check from my rook, therefore couldn't move to H6. the game won't let me do that. (it turns pink).

This was move 71B, I was in check. I wanted to take his pawn, thinking his knight was not able to leave its position because it left his king in check.

I guess that exposing my king to any possible move that would have it taken, takes priority over moving a piece if it allows your king to be put into check.
  2. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 14:21
    Originally posted by gregsflat
    Game 6352863
    Note: this game is in progress, please offer no opinions in regard to possible moves or winning and losing.

I thought I could move Queen to H6. and take the pawn, because oponents knight is blocking check from my rook, therefore couldn't move to H6. the game won't let me do that. (it turns pink).

This was move 71B, I was in check ...[text shortened]... have it taken, takes priority over moving a piece if it allows your king to be put into check.
    The queens were swapped on move 30, you mean the king. You cannot move into check, suppose instead of checkmate the objective was to take the king, then after 71. ... Kh6 your opponent would have 72. Nxh6 winning, the discovered check wouldn´t matter as your king would already have perished, which is why you cannot move into check even if the checking piece is in an absolute pin like in your game.
  3. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 14:281 edit
    Sorry - mispost
  4. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 14:29

I guess that exposing my king to any possible move that would have it taken, takes priority over moving a piece if it allows your king to be put into check.

Yep, thats correct. As deep thought explained: whose king would perish first?
  5. Subscribergregsflat
    Guitarist
    @William Penn's gaze
    Moves
    20 Aug '09 01:50
    Thanks guys.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree