1. USA
    Moves
    09 Dec '07 01:08
    what is it? Can it run on Mac OS X?
  2. Joined
    25 Sep '05
    Moves
    09 Dec '07 01:52
    It's a chess database. ChessDb is actually pretty much the same thing, but it allowed you to automatically download games from some sites. There are some other updates as well, so I'd go with ChessDb if you can.

It should be able to run under Mac if you can run X11, because it's a Unix app.
  3. USA
    Moves
    09 Dec '07 04:49
    Originally posted by Chesswick
    It's a chess database. ChessDb is actually pretty much the same thing, but it allowed you to automatically download games from some sites. There are some other updates as well, so I'd go with ChessDb if you can.

It should be able to run under Mac if you can run X11, because it's a Unix app.
    how do you download it correctly, all I got was a bunch of random stuff and README.txt's, no application....
  4. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    09 Dec '07 16:56
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    how do you download it correctly, all I got was a bunch of random stuff and README.txt's, no application....
    Download Fink (google will find it) and use that to download and install Unix apps. I think Scid was in there last time I looked.
  5. USA
    Moves
    09 Dec '07 19:28
    Originally posted by Kepler
    Download Fink (google will find it) and use that to download and install Unix apps. I think Scid was in there last time I looked.
    Does the same apply for ChessDb?
  6. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    09 Dec '07 21:11
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    Does the same apply for ChessDb?
    I don't know. I didn't look for that one. I didn't look for Scid either, just happened to notice it was there. I think you can find out what apps are provided by Fink without downloading and installing any of it. I think you can get that information off the website.
  7. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    09 Dec '07 22:50
    Originally posted by Kepler
    I don't know. I didn't look for that one. I didn't look for Scid either, just happened to notice it was there. I think you can find out what apps are provided by Fink without downloading and installing any of it. I think you can get that information off the website.
    Just had a look at Fink. Scid is there but ChessDB isn't. I noticed Crafty 21.6 is there as well.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree