1. e4
    Moves
    10 Jul '11 20:36
    This was one of the games that greeted me when I logged on.

tamariske (1433) - nvqcharles (1497) RHP June 2011

2. Joined
    29 Aug '10
    Moves
    12 Jul '11 12:18
    Forgive me for posting this here, but I don't seem to be able to start a new thread;

Does anyone here ever use The Theory of Corresponding Squares in pawn endgames?

Looks frightfully complicated to me.
  3. bedlam
    Moves
    12 Jul '11 15:34
    Originally posted by greenerpawn
    Forgive me for posting this here, but I don't seem to be able to start a new thread;

nope

I'd probably flag before I figure out which those squares are
  4. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    12 Jul '11 18:08
    Originally posted by greenerpawn

King opposition is the theory of corresponding squares in its purest form. I think there are lots of times where someone analyzes that way, and understands the position in that context, without actually thinking of the theory as such.

In other words, they study the position and arrive at an understanding that "whenevery he moves to this square, I need to be at that square" without actually thinking "Hey, this is a corresponding squares situation!"
  5. Joined
    04 Sep '10
    Moves
    12 Jul '11 19:351 edit
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    This was one of the games that greeted me when I logged on.

tamariske (1433) - nvqcharles (1497) RHP June 2011

[pgn]
    [FEN "8/8/7k/4N1pN/r2P2P1/4PP2/5K1P/3b4 w - - 0 1"]
    1. h3 {He was worried about a Rook check nicking this pawn so he builds a wee cubby hole on g3.} 1..Ra2+ {Black chases him into his wee cubby hole.} 2. Kg3 Be2 {Now the Bishop h ...[text shortened]... a time to mate him.} 3. d5 Bf1 {White is unaware of what is going on.} 4. d6 Rg2 {Mate.}[/pgn]
    i was actually wondering, what black was thinking during the last three moves. 'hope he doesnt see me. hope he doesnt see me sneaking in...)...

edit: i kind of had to post something on the topic. ops are very sensitive, you must now. when you highjack their thread, they might start to play nasty... or become green of envy... (german lesson #41: gruen vor neid means to be especially envious, to turn green actually. germans are weird...)
  6. e4
    Moves
    12 Jul '11 19:57
    Never ever bothered me someone hijacking my thread.
    I do it often enough myself.

Anyway it was not intended for further comment.
    Just a funny moment on RHP
  7. Joined
    04 Sep '10
    Moves
    12 Jul '11 20:20

yesyes. all i see is green color...
  8. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    13 Jul '11 05:091 edit

Sorry- I tried to fix this after the fact. And your post in the other thread was hilarious. It took me a second to make the connection, and that made me laugh harder!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree