1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    15 Jan '09 20:351 edit
    I've done a bunch of analyses of my games that I've posted on youtube. I've been a little reluctant to push my page here because, frankly, I'm a little embarrassed by some of my early analyses that were done several months ago when I wasn't nearly as knowledgeable about as I am now about the game (which I've improved on thanks, for the most part, to RHP and users like User 134401, User 437199, User 385712, User 124624, etc., etc.).

Anyway, last night I did an analysis of a game I played here and if anyone has the time to watch it (20 minutes) and give me some feedback, the same would certainly be appreciated.

Part 1 is here:

YouTube

Part 2 is here:

YouTube
  2. Joined
    24 Dec '07
    Moves
    15 Jan '09 23:17
    Not sure where you were aiming with those vids but you get a thumbs up from me.

I do tend to look at the board and shuffle the bits around in my head for a second or two before I move, and I realise that's not the way to chess greatness. I followed what you were doing though, and why, and you and the game were engaging enough for me to watch both posts.

I can't let you know about your strategy, tactics and ways round the beautiful game(others here will no doubt) but I liked your commentary and how you played.

Kings Indian? I might give it a go
  3. Standard memberLordofADown
    King of all Hills
    Connecticut
    Moves
    16 Jan '09 04:36
    Although I'm not as highly rated as the rest of you I enjoy these videos a great deal and feel like I take a lot away from them. It's nice to hear the logic behind every move. Personally there's times that I idle during a game and have very little reason behind my moves, so I was happy to learn some things from a true strategist. Great analysis... and I hope our game doesn't end up on youtube(for my sake) 😉.
  4. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    16 Jan '09 14:33
    Originally posted by LordofADown
    and I hope our game doesn't end up on youtube(for my sake) 😉.
    LOL; thank you.

Don't worry; with our early queen trade, I don't think our game will be a great youtube candidate. 🙂
  5. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    16 Jan '09 20:10
    Originally posted by sh76
    I've done a bunch of analyses of my games that I've posted on youtube. I've been a little reluctant to push my page here because, frankly, I'm a little embarrassed by some of my early analyses that were done several months ago when I wasn't nearly as knowledgeable about as I am now about the game (which I've improved on thanks, for the most part, to RHP and use ...[text shortened]... e.com/watch?v=we9xJraxSDw

Part 2 is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k61pRDnqPF4
    Don't be embarrassed! I saw some of your videos a little while ago and thought them very good. The analysis don't have to be perfect on these things as long as you can tell a good story.
  6. Germany
    Moves
    16 Jan '09 20:51
    You mention in one position you can't move you knight to c6 because he would take the e-pawn with his queen, but your knight is then covering that square, or am I missing something here?
  7. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    16 Jan '09 20:55
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    You mention in one position you can't move you knight to c6 because he would take the e-pawn with his queen, but your knight is then covering that square, or am I missing something here?
    You're right. I noticed that when watching it. My mistake.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    16 Jan '09 22:22
    Still a pretty nice video, though I'd like to see a bit more hard-fought one.
  9. Standard memberLordofADown
    King of all Hills
    Connecticut
    Moves
    17 Jan '09 03:38
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Still a pretty nice video, though I'd like to see a bit more hard-fought one.
    But that game was against a VERY strong player. ~2000

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree