1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    03 Feb '21 00:343 edits
    It's rained for 8 straight days here in Seattle, we've not seen the sun in 10. It's been 6 months since my quest for OTB respectability began, 6 months of tactics exercises, and online play. Just finished grinding out an online OTB win against someone of my own level. Post game analysis reveals 2 blunders, the engine reveals 2 more. 6 online tournament's and my record is still dismal, but improvement is beginning to show. Wins against higher rated opponents now happen more often. Small victories like this make our winter of discontent much more bearable. Looking out the window, it's raining harder, there are ice pellets in the rain. Real OTB tournaments are still months away, but by that time I may just have improved enough to earn some respect. The fire to compete still burns. Back to the book and the board.

Just had to tell someone...
  2. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    03 Feb '21 00:48
    @mchill I'm with you my friend!
  3. Joined
    27 Jan '21
    Moves
    03 Feb '21 09:32
    Online tournaments?
  4. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    03 Feb '21 11:06
    @gratis-pawn said
    Online tournaments?
    Yes - on chess.com
  5. Joined
    27 Jan '21
    Moves
    03 Feb '21 11:28
    Oh, I thought you were talking about real USCF online tournaments and I was going to ask you about it.

What's your name at chess.com?
  6. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    03 Feb '21 12:54
    @gratis-pawn said
    Oh, I thought you were talking about real USCF online tournaments and I was going to ask you about it.

What's your name at chess.com?
    Mchill5

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree