1. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '06 21:021 edit
    Well, I'm sure you're all aware that I employ the King's Bishop Gambit as white, and one of my favorite things about this opening is the scope for creating new lines. I haven't read anything about this opening (Basically...), and there really is hardly anything out there on it (One book). So I went through a couple of lines, and they are all still very much in the testing phase - I haven't even ran them through F9 or played with them. :/ There is one in particular that I want your guys opinions on, tell me if there are any tactical or positional errors that you guys can find...

1.e4 e5 2.f4 exf4 3.Bc4 Qh4+ 4.Kf1 Nf6 5.Nf3 Qh5 6.e5

Comments, suggestions, etc.?
  2. Joined
    12 Mar '03
    Moves
    25 Sep '06 21:42
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    Well, I'm sure you're all aware that I employ the King's Bishop Gambit as white, and one of my favorite things about this opening is the scope for creating new lines. I haven't read anything about this opening (Basically...), and there really is hardly anything out there on it (One book). So I went through a couple of lines, and they are all still very m ...[text shortened]... ..

1.e4 e5 2.f4 exf4 3.Bc4 Qh4+ 4.Kf1 Nf6 5.Nf3 Qh5 6.e5

Comments, suggestions, etc.?
    What's the plan for white after 6. ... d5?
  3. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '06 21:441 edit
    Originally posted by Mephisto2
    What's the plan for white after 6. ... d5?
    Ok, yeah, things get messy for white there :/.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree