Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 14 May '09 15:18
    Hello,

    On Yahoo I'm a 1300's player and I'm looking for someone who is good that is willing to play and assess me for one round of chess.

    The idea is this person plays me an unrated game and I take notes along the way. I'll job down the reason I make certain moves and other observations.

    The limit I would need is 3 days per move just to be on the safe side. I'm in Iraq and if we have a fatality the internet and phones get blacked out for a day and a half.

    At the end of it we can then go over the game and cover which mistakes I made and what I could do better.

    I greatly appreciate any offers.

    Question: Is there a way I can tag notes to specific moves?
  2. Standard member PBE6
    Bananarama
    14 May '09 15:29
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Hello,

    On Yahoo I'm a 1300's player and I'm looking for someone who is good that is willing to play and assess me for one round of chess.

    The idea is this person plays me an unrated game and I take notes along the way. I'll job down the reason I make certain moves and other observations.

    The limit I would need is 3 days per move just to ...[text shortened]... atly appreciate any offers.

    Question: Is there a way I can tag notes to specific moves?
    I'll play you. I'm just starting to get into annotating my own games, so this would be good practice. After the game, we can post it in a new thread along with our respective analyses and get further input from the strong players here.
  3. 14 May '09 15:33
    Originally posted by PBE6
    I'll play you. I'm just starting to get into annotating my own games, so this would be good practice. After the game, we can post it in a new thread along with our respective analyses and get further input from the strong players here.
    Sounds good to me! I just received your challenge so I'm just waiting for your move.
  4. 14 May '09 15:35
    Actually, I am already doing this with a couple of players; and I think it is useful, (for me too!). I was thinking: why not create a clan or a club to regroup all players willing to do this? that way, everyone would find someone... we could share methods and analyses, etc...
  5. 14 May '09 18:53
    guys, i'm happy to play any/all of you and annotate moves and try and help you - I'm rated about 2200...
  6. 14 May '09 19:20
    Hello Gentlemen! I'm interested as well!! I don't know how useful my analysis would be to anyone but I sure as h*$@ could use a little advice.
  7. 14 May '09 20:13
    Originally posted by carpiste
    guys, i'm happy to play any/all of you and annotate moves and try and help you - I'm rated about 2200...
    Mind the old trapped pieces though, eh?
  8. Standard member dsmfire
    happy
    14 May '09 21:19
    wow. that is a nasty miss for such a good player. should hurt.