1. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    01 Aug '10 20:143 edits
    Hi folks,

A King's Indian Attack.

This is my game one win, which was my only win! I won the first, was winning but threw away the second, and never recovered mentally, and threw away rds 3 and 4. I withdrew before round 5 and went home to hang out with the kids.

I will enter game 2 on another thread. I lost that one, but I think it is probably the more interesting of the two decent games I had.

In this game, I think my opponent was surprised by 23. Re5, by 25. a5, and by 46. b3, all of which are related in style somewhat.

Edit: I forgot to add- the time control for the first two rounds was G/75, and we made the endgame moves relatively quickly.

2. Standard memberThabtos
    I am become Death
    Moves
    01 Aug '10 20:22
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett
    [b] I won the first, was winning but threw away the second, and never recovered mentally, and threw away rds 3 and 4. I withdrew before round 5 and went home to hang out with the kids.
    That's exactly what happened to me in my first OTB tournament. I took the negativity from my losses into the next game and it hurt me.

My second tournament, I just decided to have fun to avoid the situation, but in that case I don't think I was serious enough to play my best.

Maybe I'll find a happy medium for my third one.
  3. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    01 Aug '10 20:41
    Originally posted by Thabtos
    That's exactly what happened to me in my first OTB tournament. I took the negativity from my losses into the next game and it hurt me.

My second tournament, I just decided to have fun to avoid the situation, but in that case I don't think I was serious enough to play my best.

Maybe I'll find a happy medium for my third one.
    I hope you do! This was my 220-something tournament (including rated club tournaments), and I still have not mastered the art of serenity.
  4. Joined
    16 Oct '09
    Moves
    01 Aug '10 23:351 edit
    I really like the game, it reminds me of my own style of play with the white pieces! well done.
  5. Joined
    27 Apr '07
    Moves
    02 Aug '10 02:14
    Great game, nice win.
  6. Joined
    13 Aug '07
    Moves
    02 Aug '10 10:17
    Nice game, although e6 strikes me as a bit premature, I would play Rc1 (the a-pawn for the c-pawn is a bad trade for him) and bring my king to the other side of the doubled pawns first. But probably you had a won game at that point anyway.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree