Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 13 Mar '07 21:20
    I have only my king and my opponent has a pawn also. I'm blocking his pawn's promotion. Am I allowed to do this?Game 3262422
  2. Standard member Dutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    13 Mar '07 21:23 / 3 edits
    Originally posted by terrycream
    I have only my king and my opponent has a pawn also. I'm blocking his pawn's promotion. Am I allowed to do this?Game 3262422
  3. 13 Mar '07 21:24
    Game in progress, naughty boy!
  4. Standard member Dutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    13 Mar '07 21:26 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Squelchbelch
    Game in progress, naughty boy!
    Sorry about that, I just deleted that.
  5. Standard member Redmike
    Godless Commie
    13 Mar '07 21:29
    People aren't allowed to comment on a game in progress.

    However, you can be assured that if you're not allowed to make a move, then the system won't let you.
  6. 13 Mar '07 21:31
    Cheers Dutch Defense. Wan't sure if there was an etiquette issue. Does the same apply to the 3 repeated move rule? I imagine you'd be getting into all sorts of fights at your chess club!
  7. 13 Mar '07 21:32
    Cheers redmike. I was typing a reply when it was on. Can I see what it said after though?
  8. Standard member Redmike
    Godless Commie
    13 Mar '07 21:37 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by terrycream
    Cheers redmike. I was typing a reply when it was on. Can I see what it said after though?
    Not sure I understand. Can you see what who said?
  9. 13 Mar '07 21:50
    The person who initially responded to my question then commented on a current game. He then withdrew his comment and I was wondering what it might have been.
  10. 13 Mar '07 21:57
    Originally posted by terrycream
    Does the same apply to the 3 repeated move rule?
    You get your draw only if you claim it right after the third of three identical positions.