1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 14:11
    Freddie1936 whooped butt two in a row but I got the last game, it is interesting, I thought. Several times I thought I had his tits in a wringer but he managed to wiggle out but I had a ferocious attack going and in the end, two pawns and knight to his knight. I think with better play he may have saved it, my pawn position was not ideal but he screwed up and let me get my knight out of left field with a check and my king in the action in the endgame. I thought if he had gotten his king to the 8th rank he may have had a draw but it never got past the 5th or 6th rank and my king decided the game. Anybody got some analysis? I think maybe I missed some chances for a knockout punch in the middle game to end it earlier, it actually went 56 moves, a long game for me. Any thoughts?
  2. Joined
    26 Nov '06
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 14:14
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Freddie1936 whooped butt two in a row but I got the last game, it is interesting, I thought. Several times I thought I had his tits in a wringer but he managed to wiggle out but I had a ferocious attack going and in the end, two pawns and knight to his knight. I think with better play he may have saved it, my pawn position was not ideal but he screwed up an ...[text shortened]... the middle game to end it earlier, it actually went 56 moves, a long game for me. Any thoughts?
    Thoughts, yes.

I think you should post the game ID. 🙂
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 14:451 edit
    Originally posted by Teshuvah
    Thoughts, yes.

I think you should post the game ID. 🙂
    What, you never heard of blindfold🙂 Game 3094411
  4. Joined
    26 Nov '06
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 15:12
    For what its worth, I like 16... a5

I don't like trading pieces when I'm already down and seek to avoid that.

16... a5 allows you to maintain your pin,advances your pawn, and adds another defender to your strong bishop.

You traded your strong bishop for his relatively weak one, when it wasn't really advantageous to do so.

Maybe I'm totally wrong as I play at about the 1300-1400 range, but move 16 of yours could have been much better.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 15:23
    Originally posted by Teshuvah
    For what its worth, I like 16... a5

I don't like trading pieces when I'm already down and seek to avoid that.

16... a5 allows you to maintain your pin,advances your pawn, and adds another defender to your strong bishop.

You traded your strong bishop for his relatively weak one, when it wasn't really advantageous to do so.

Maybe I'm totally wrong as I play at about the 1300-1400 range, but move 16 of yours could have been much better.
    I looked at that suggestion and it looks good, the knight takes back and its protected by the pawn and the pawn is protected by my queen and there are three pieces to attacking. It looks like a much better move than the one I made. Thanks. Don. Anyone else chime in?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree