1. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    11 Aug '06 20:42
    Anyone interested in solving some tactical problems on fics. I got the yasser Seirwan tactics test puzzles.

Post your name here and if there is enough then we can start at 4:10 pm my time so 1 hour and 30 min from now.
  2. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    11 Aug '06 21:12
    Originally posted by RahimK
    Anyone interested in solving some tactical problems on fics. I got the yasser Seirwan tactics test puzzles.

Post your name here and if there is enough then we can start at 4:10 pm my time so 1 hour and 30 min from now.
    You should really get Playchess Rahim, it's a much better tool to teach with.
  3. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    11 Aug '06 21:46
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    You should really get Playchess Rahim, it's a much better tool to teach with.
    It cost money. Plus my students have to get playchess then also.
  4. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    11 Aug '06 21:57
    No one 🙁 O wells. Might as well go watch some tv.
  5. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    12 Aug '06 16:47
    No one 🙁 O wells. Might as well go watch some tv.
    Like I said, Playchess. It does cost money, unless you get fritz, so go do it, buy fritz! And there are more people on Playchess, so you'll have more interested players.
  6. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    12 Aug '06 17:09
    Like I said, Playchess. It does cost money, unless you get fritz, so go do it, buy fritz! And there are more people on Playchess, so you'll have more interested players.
    I have deep fritz 8. The point is why should I waste money and make my students watch money when I can do my lectures on fics for free?

Last time I found a several players on here but I posted earlier. 1 hour is short notice but I was bored and had nothing better to do.
  7. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    12 Aug '06 17:58
    I have deep fritz 8. The point is why should I waste money and make my students watch money when I can do my lectures on fics for free?

Last time I found a several players on here but I posted earlier. 1 hour is short notice but I was bored and had nothing better to do.
    Well, there are just many more options available with PC.
  8. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    12 Aug '06 18:24
    Well, there are just many more options available with PC.
    I haven't paid for ICC, World Chess Network, Playchess, Rhp etc...

Why would I start paying now? Things are fine right now with teaching on fics. I understand no one was interested because it was only 1 hour notice, big deal. There's always next time.
  9. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    12 Aug '06 18:36
    I haven't paid for ICC, World Chess Network, Playchess, Rhp etc...

Why would I start paying now? Things are fine right now with teaching on fics. I understand no one was interested because it was only 1 hour notice, big deal. There's always next time.
    Because you don't have to pay when you buy Fritz, that's why, and maybe if you'd stop being so cheap your chess experience would be even better.
  10. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    12 Aug '06 19:04
    Because you don't have to pay when you buy Fritz, that's why, and maybe if you'd stop being so cheap your chess experience would be even better.
    Yes I know but I had fritz for years now. When you buy fritz is just one year isn't it?

I'm happy with my 6 game limit here. In fact the most I play is 3 at onces. So Rhp is good.

As for the other sites, I don't play blitz so what's the point? OTB and chess books along with some Rhp keep me occupied for my chess so why pay for anything related to chess online?
  11. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    12 Aug '06 19:07
    Yes I know but I had fritz for years now. When you buy fritz is just one year isn't it?

I'm happy with my 6 game limit here. In fact the most I play is 3 at onces. So Rhp is good.

As for the other sites, I don't play blitz so what's the point? OTB and chess books along with some Rhp keep me occupied for my chess so why pay for anything related to chess online?
    Yeah it's just one year, and if you don't want to update the engine then I guess it's not worth it. But Playchess training features are really far superior to those of FICS.
  12. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    12 Aug '06 19:23
    Yeah it's just one year, and if you don't want to update the engine then I guess it's not worth it. But Playchess training features are really far superior to those of FICS.
    YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR
  13. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    12 Aug '06 20:05

You'll have trouble finding players here because many don't play on FICS, or another chess site. But I'd advise posting about your lectures much earlier. Like maybe a day in advance. The number of people who'll see your thread in an hour and a half is minimal.
  14. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    12 Aug '06 20:55
    I've only been using fics for 2 weeks now and I'm happy with it so far and it's free. There is not point in spend $40 or whatever it is and getting students to spend $40 each for a few extra features.

Update engine? You mean from fritz 8 to fritz 9 for free if you have playchess?
  15. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    12 Aug '06 20:56
    Originally posted by ark13
    You'll have trouble finding players here because many don't play on FICS, or another chess site. But I'd advise posting about your lectures much earlier. Like maybe a day in advance. The number of people who'll see your thread in an hour and a half is minimal.
    Yes 1 hour is short notice but I was bored and plus all the Europeans were sleeping then.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree