1. Joined
    05 Sep '03
    Moves
    13 Jun '12 09:261 edit
    Originally posted by 93confirmed
    Round 4 just finished. 4 drawn games (Magnus included) and Fabiano pulled a win over Tomashevsky who was tied for first.
    But Magnus played a very interesting game, I think he could win:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wu3LRbSSw0w
  2. Joined
    01 Feb '07
    Moves
    13 Jun '12 10:27
    Originally posted by woodworm
    But Magnus played a very interesting game, I think he could win:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wu3LRbSSw0w
    I thought Nakamura might have a win in his endgame (2 pawns to 1) since he didnt offer a draw earlier when the commentarors/analysis saw it but McShane played it perfectly.
  3. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    13 Jun '12 10:381 edit
    (Regarding 3rd round game between Aronian and McShane)

Brave play by Luke McShane considering he was on 0/2 and was Black against the #2 player in the world!

The exchange sac looks completely sound and Black's position is fantastic after 13. ... Bb4+, though Aronian very nearly wriggled out of trouble.
  4. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    16 Jun '12 21:10
    What a round today! McShane with another great win against Kramnik. Looking at the pairings for the last two rounds you have to like Carlsens chances, he faces Tomoshevski and McShane but Luke could cause him problems. If memory serves McShane has always given Carlsen difficulties at the London chess classic. 🙂
  5. Joined
    01 Feb '07
    Moves
    18 Jun '12 14:17
    Fabiano only needed a draw to hold at least part of 1st place and he lost outright to Aronian who had played pretty badly up until that game. Magnus takes the trophy with a dominant win over McShane and he ended up with 2 wins/7 draws/0 losses overall.
  6. Standard memberThabtos
    I am become Death
    Moves
    18 Jun '12 14:41
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    What a round today! McShane with another great win against Kramnik. Looking at the pairings for the last two rounds you have to like Carlsens chances, he faces Tomoshevski and McShane but Luke could cause him problems. If memory serves McShane has always given Carlsen difficulties at the London chess classic. 🙂
    Well when you have months and months off to do nothing but prepare for the same 5 players or so because you of your cushy hedge fund savings, I imagine you get a leg up.

🙂

McShane always impresses the hell out of me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree